Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Q210 Zoe, sometimes I am hearing a strange rattling noise probably from my interion/cabin blower fan. It is independent from the RPM, so the noise do not change just the frequency. During the ride, it some times suddenly stops or I have to turn on/off the vent a few times.
The cabin air fillter is almost new, there are approx. 1k kms in it.
My assumption is there is some leaf or feather or something stucked to the motor and it touches the “wings”
If someone has an experience, how can I check or clean the blower motor? Where can I find it on a Q210 model? Can I do it at home?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,103 Posts
Unfortunately I had similar with an air freshener refill which I sat on the dash and forgot about and started driving rather than refilling. It went straight down the vents and into the HVAC system. I ended up getting a constant scraping noise with it rubbing across the fans, and the fans would sometimes just jam at low speeds.

I took it in to a dealer who was asking for A LOT of money to help. They had to disassemble pretty much the entire interior to get to it apparently. In the end I just decided to leave it and it never got any worse (if anything it improved over time, or at least I got used to the noise) so it stayed like that for almost a year until I sold the car on. This was a later R90 ZE40 model, but I assume all the interior layout is the same on these cars, and nothing but the motor (and battery) is really different.

I Think you may be stuck with it like that unless you are very annoyed or worried by the noise and are willing to pay for the time and work to disassemble everything, or to do it yourself if you are feeling particularly brave.

·
Registered
17,463 Posts
You can pick up a cheap endoscope online, which might help you see what it is.

Then you can use one of those ‘claws on a stick’ grabby things to pick it out.

The HVAC systems in cars are usually very complex and require dismantling of the dash to get to.

Let us know how you get on with keyhole surgery. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replays. I will get an endoscope and try to check is there anything inside of what could be the problem.
I will update if I will have any news :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts