Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wonder if anyone can assist with overspeed alerts on my Renault Zoe. I have this selected from the easylink screen. Once the car see a speed sign lets say 30mph the vehicle only displays the audible warning sound when i reach 35mph which is not ideal. Is there a way of setting the tolerance so if the vehicle was driven just 1mph over the recommended speed limit the vehicle would send a audible warning.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,266 Posts
Hello wonder if anyone can assist with overspeed alerts on my Renault Zoe. I have this selected from the easylink screen. Once the car see a speed sign lets say 30mph the vehicle only displays the audible warning sound when i reach 35mph which is not ideal. Is there a way of setting the tolerance so if the vehicle was driven just 1mph over the recommended speed limit the vehicle would send a audible warning.
I don't use the audible warning, but I've noticed that the speed limit pic on the dash & satnav screens begins flashing red if I'm getting "enthusiastic" about overtaking someone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use the audible warning, but I've noticed that the speed limit pic on the dash & satnav screens begins flashing red if I'm getting "enthusiastic" about overtaking someone.
Thank you for your reply. The audible sound is a useful feature as i do not look at the speed continuously for obvious reasons. Would be nice to get this to work without any tolerance.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,656 Posts
Use the speed limiter which you can set to the speed you want?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the speed limiter which you can set to the speed you want?
Thank you i dod think of that however when you are driving from 30 to 40 to 50mph zones the speed limiter is not a desirable option. Its very useful on the motorway though

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
492 Posts
Thank you i dod think of that however when you are driving from 30 to 40 to 50mph zones the speed limiter is not a desirable option. Its very useful on the motorway though
You can hold the +/- button down and it will change the limit speed in increments of 5mph, so holding the button down for about 1-1.5(ish) seconds will change the limit speed by 10mph. Quick glance down to make sure it's done it and you're good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can hold the +/- button down and it will change the limit speed in increments of 5mph, so holding the button down for about 1-1.5(ish) seconds will change the limit speed by 10mph. Quick glance down to make sure it's done it and you're good.
Thank you for your reply. So if i am in a 30mph zone and i only receive the audible sound at 35mph ( which could potentialy ) mean a speeding fine i can alter that down by is it both +/- buttons or just the - button?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thank you for your reply. So if i am in a 30mph zone and i only receive the audible sound at 35mph ( which could potentialy ) mean a speeding fine i can alter that down by is it both +/- buttons or just the - button?
With mine, when I know I'm entering a lower/higher speed limit zone I'll hold the up/down button while braking/accelerating, then a quick glance down to check it's done.

You can always just press the relevant button ten times, though that's a bit of a pain too.

Alternatively, you could make sure you get the right speed, temporarily disengage the limiter ("0" button) and then press Set when you're at the right speed?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
FYI - According to the user manual, the speed limiter can be linked to the sign recognition camera, making it change automatically.
See page 2.51 of the manual.

·
Registered
492 Posts
FYI - The speed limiter can be linked to the sign recognition camera, making it change automatically.
Does it do this automatically? I've had the message pop up on the screen before, but only a handful of times changing speed zones. You have to acknowledge the message and press a button on the steering wheel, correct?

Or is it much more clever (and do I need to read the manual)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With mine, when I know I'm entering a lower/higher speed limit zone I'll hold the up/down button while braking/accelerating, then a quick glance down to check it's done.

You can always just press the relevant button ten times, though that's a bit of a pain too.

Alternatively, you could make sure you get the right speed, temporarily disengage the limiter ("0" button) and then press Set when you're at the right speed?
👍

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Does it do this automatically? I've had the message pop up on the screen before, but only a handful of times changing speed zones. You have to acknowledge the message and press a button on the steering wheel, correct?

Or is it much more clever (and do I need to read the manual)?
Sadly, all the manual says is what I posted. That the two can be linked.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, you can press/hold - and it will set the limiter to the speed limit.... supposedly. It worked when I first got the car but only seems to do the usual '-' action since the first update (I haven't tried it recently though)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, you can press/hold - and it will set the limiter to the speed limit.... supposedly. It worked when I first got the car but only seems to do the usual '-' action since the first update (I haven't tried it recently though)
Thank you

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
762 Posts
I use this function all the time. Once you’ve entered a new speed limit zone you can just hold down either the - or + button dependant on whether the speed limit has increased or decreased. All you need to do is hold the relevant button down and it will automatically stop at the speed limit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I use this function all the time. Once you’ve entered a new speed limit zone you can just hold down either the - or + button dependant on whether the speed limit has increased or decreased. All you need to do is hold the relevant button down and it will automatically stop at the speed limit.
Thank you so much

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ah, so that's how it works, I'll try it again.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ah, so that's how it works, I'll try it again.
Mine is still only coming up very sporadically. Going for a long couple of drives over the next few days so will see if it behaves.

Have just switched on the Emergency Braking as well, though not too keen to test that part out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts