Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned on Western Europe Map on offer (by @Eclectic) the R-Link Connected Services team renewed his TomTom Live service free of charge..

So I called today (in between updating my maps) to enquire about pricing for renewal as I have "My Z.E [email protected]" (remote Precondition), "My Z.E. Connect with Navigation" (use app to check charge status) but not "TomTom Live with Connectivity" (expired last October for me, road traffic updates and ability to use the R-Link store from within the car) or Coyote services (it's rubbish in the UK, you won't want it). The other services are usually free to renew anyway it's only the TomTom Live renewal which costs.

So it turns out the renewal process on the R-Link GB website is currently broken so instead what the Connected Services team can do is offer 3 month free renewals...

.. use this information how you wish ;-).

·
Registered
557 Posts
As mentioned on Western Europe Map on offer (by @Eclectic) the R-Link Connected Services team renewed his TomTom Live service free of charge..

So I called today (in between updating my maps) to enquire about pricing for renewal as I have "My Z.E [email protected]" (remote Precondition), "My Z.E. Connect with Navigation" (use app to check charge status) but not "TomTom Live with Connectivity" (expired last October for me, road traffic updates and ability to use the R-Link store from within the car) or Coyote services (it's rubbish in the UK, you won't want it). The other services are usually free to renew anyway it's only the TomTom Live renewal which costs.

So it turns out the renewal process on the R-Link GB website is currently broken so instead what the Connected Services team can do is offer 3 month free renewals...

.. use this information how you wish ;-).
My LIVE service ran out in January and as I couldn't see how to renew I contacted the R-Link team. They have given me 6 months free although it is shown as Active in my R-Link services on the website but nothing doing in the car yet. I've emailed them to find out what's happening...

·
Zoe Devotee
9,185 Posts
I never paid for a single year of connected services. It only partly works and the r-link has too many issues (I logged tickets for 6 or 7 major issues when I had my Zoe). I would remind the Rlink support team that my tickets were not resolved and they would give me another year connected services. Did that 4 years out of 5 of ownership (the first year being free anyway).

Did Renault ever fix the MP3 playback restarting the same track when you also had satnav instructions being played? Or the defaulting to whatever source it felt like issue? Can't remember the rest but I'm sure they are mentioned in a topic dated away back in 2015 if you care to look. If the issue exhibits itself on your car then feel free to contact R-link support and log a support ticket. ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
My LIVE service ran out in January and as I couldn't see how to renew I contacted the R-Link team. They have given me 6 months free although it is shown as Active in my R-Link services on the website but nothing doing in the car yet. I've emailed them to find out what's happening...
Just had an update from R-Link and they have found that they can't offer a 6 month extension, only 3 months, so that's what I should be getting as well sometime soon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I never paid for a single year of connected services. It only partly works and the r-link has too many issues (I logged tickets for 6 or 7 major issues when I had my Zoe). I would remind the Rlink support team that my tickets were not resolved and they would give me another year connected services. Did that 4 years out of 5 of ownership (the first year being free anyway).

Did Renault ever fix the MP3 playback restarting the same track when you also had satnav instructions being played? Or the defaulting to whatever source it felt like issue? Can't remember the rest but I'm sure they are mentioned in a topic dated away back in 2015 if you care to look. If the issue exhibits itself on your car then feel free to contact R-link support and log a support ticket. ;)
I had trouble with the car dropping the connection and then not being able to reconnect despite doing the data agreement jiggery pokery. The dealer sorted it - said they turned on data sharing, ha! - and it's been rock steady for over 2 years now. Well, until the LIVE service ran out anyway. I've always had good service and communications with the R-Link team.

Re MP3s restarting I've not this problem in my 2017 ZE40, maybe it was an issue in the 22s?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts