Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had a Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135 on order for a while now but I'm now experiencing delivery delays due to a fault with the car. Has anyone else had this?

There appears to be a CPU/media fault with the car and my delivery has been postponed until this can be resolved by Renault. Apparently my car can't be released from Southampton docks until this problem has been resolved, Renault thought they'd fixed with new parts but I believe this didn't work. Seems to be a new issue as I can't find any mention of it anywhere? It amazes me the car has been recalled before even taking delivery!

Thanks

Russ

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was contacted yesterday by Renault. My car is going into Renault London West to have the clicking noise from the rear/tailgate area fixed and they told me that they would be looking at reprogramming or complete cpu change..as I have issues with preconditioning etc but would inform me more about this possible action by Friday.. car is booked in for 17th

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been told by the deaker that the car I was originally told was waiting to be shipped from Northern France has now left the factory and is waiting to be shipped from Nothern France!

My fault - I insisted on a car with AEB and they couldn't be sure about the one they'd originally allocated so went for a factory build.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,

I've had a Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135 on order for a while now but I'm now experiencing delivery delays due to a fault with the car. Has anyone else had this?

There appears to be a CPU/media fault with the car and my delivery has been postponed until this can be resolved by Renault. Apparently my car can't be released from Southampton docks until this problem has been resolved, Renault thought they'd fixed with new parts but I believe this didn't work. Seems to be a new issue as I can't find any mention of it anywhere? It amazes me the car has been recalled before even taking delivery!

Thanks

Russ
Recalls, updates, revisions etc are actually quite a common thing on a new car prior to delivery to a dealer, it can be 1 car with a fault, it can be hundreds or thousands where something has been flagged up and needs looking into, perhaps a dodgy batch of parts at the factory or just an electronic update.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Recalls, updates, revisions etc are actually quite a common thing on a new car prior to delivery to a dealer, it can be 1 car with a fault, it can be hundreds or thousands where something has been flagged up and needs looking into
This is very true. The 2012 Fiesta we had previously needed to have 2 issues fixed before being delivered. Can happen to any car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Thanks

Russ
Hi Russ,

Same here I am afraid, same model and was about to pick it up from a dealership on the 5th, when I got a call about the problem with preconditioning and that all new ZOEs were on hold until it's resolved.

The new repair method was meant to be released on the 7th, then on the 14th (today), and still nothing.

Quite ridiculous as it does not affect the safety of the car, and I would rather get the car and bring it back for the repair later instead of just waiting.

Below original message from internal service system to Renault Service Centers:

OTS 0DEM - Replacement of the CPU is to fix an issue for customers who use the pre-conditioning option on the Renault App - Update 09/09/2020 - The Repair method need has been suspended and needs to be replaced. The new one is due w/c 14thSeptember. Any vehicles repaired with the old method all need additional work with the new method. Vehicle must be held until repair has been completed
I have tried calling a Renault complaint line twice, but after being queued for 2 hours each time, I have given up. Will try attacking them tomorrow, seriously p#$## off by now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
OTS 0DEM - Replacement of the CPU is to fix an issue for customers who use the pre-conditioning option on the Renault App - Update 09/09/2020 - The Repair method need has been suspended and needs to be replaced. The new one is due w/c 14thSeptember. Any vehicles repaired with the old method all need additional work with the new method. Vehicle must be held until repair has been completed
That's interesting, and another thread the user there said an OTA update was to be pushed to their car tonight (not sure if that means everybody is getting it). So looks like they've managed to fix it in an OTA update, and any cars that are currently working might need to go back to the dealer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's interesting, and another thread the user there said an OTA update was to be pushed to their car tonight (not sure if that means everybody is getting it). So looks like they've managed to fix it in an OTA update, and any cars that are currently working might need to go back to the dealer!
The plot thickens then, my dealer is saying this is a hardware fix (CPU replacement) after the previous method (OTA) have failed. I am also worried that when the method (and a suitable part number) will be released, every dealership will jump on it and they will run out of the parts....

I wish I would be able to afford Tesla model 3 :p

H.S

·
Registered
216 Posts
Same here I am afraid, same model and was about to pick it up from a dealership on the 5th, when I got a call about the problem with preconditioning and that all new ZOEs were on hold until it's resolved.
So when was the manufacturing month for these cars? Ours was manufactured in June and then delivered at the end of July. I’m pleased to say everything’s working fine. Are they experiencing new problems with new builds? 🤷🏽

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,676 Posts
One I have so far ok, trying preconditioning for 1st time tonight to see if it works.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My ze50 is meant to go into Renault London West on Thursday for the clicking rear tailgate AND the CPU fix .. but customer services are going to call me back on Wednesday to tell me if the fix is going ahead OR is delayed.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,676 Posts
Don't leave us on the tenterhooks there mate, any updates ?

I have filed a complaint with Renault UK, will update when I hear back from them ...
The charging timer worked but the climate did not so no preconditioning 👎

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Thanks

Russ
I have a Renault Zoe ZE50 Iconic R135 on order and am having the same problem. It was due for delivery two weeks ago but they wouldn't release it from the import centre due to this fault. I took the day off work for its delivery and wasn't told until after the delivery window that it wasn't coming, and it was the transport driver who updated me not Renault! I've been calling for updates, but they still haven't given me a new delivery date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any response from Renault in regards to your complaint?
I did not hear back from the complaints department, however today the dealership contacted me and invited me to pick the car up on Friday ....
I will have to get the car back to them when the fix has been released.

HS

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK, the delay has been an update to the car ref the app for pre heating and something else (can't remember, have had a drink etc...........!) the update hasn't worked so held cars are now being released for customer delivery and the update will come later.

What I can never workout with these updates is, surely they've been produced and tested, why all of a sudden do they not actually work when applied how they've been designed to?!

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
What I can never workout with these updates is, surely they've been produced and tested, why all of a sudden do they not actually work when applied how they've been designed to?!
Whomever writes the software for Renault has really bad configuration control.

It sounds like they were trying to blame their problems on someone else’s hardware modules.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts