Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a q90 I think variant Renault Zoe but it has no service history should I be worried ?
it seems like a nice enough car and fits my budget 22kwh but one of the few that has 43kwh rapid charge
22k on the clocks doesn't appear to have had a bms update 6250 from a dealer batterie lease obvs
the only history i can get is off the mot's which isn't much check my car comes back ok
not overly sure where else I could look for any info

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,260 Posts
If it’s a 22 kWh then it won’t be a Q90.

Any idea why the car wasn’t serviced?

Do you get a warranty through the dealer that’s selling it to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not saying it hasn’t been just that there is no proof of this
Hmm ok so other than a 22 kWh pack 65 plate it’s not the Renault motor no plastic on top I’ve no idea what it is

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hmm ok so other than a 22 kWh pack 65 plate it’s not the Renault motor no plastic on top I’ve no idea what it is
If it's a rapid charge model with 22kWh battery it would be a Q210.
Do you actually need a Q model? Maybe there are more options available to you if you get a R240. It still charges at up to 22kW which is still very fast especially with such a small battery pack. Probably not as much of a difference as you think unless you're regularly going on longer trips - in which case the original Zoe probably isn't the right car anyways. There is also a minor boost to your range by getting Renault's own motor as well.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
43kW Rapid charge Q210 (or Q90 on later model) has metal block centre rear, 22kW fast charge R240 (R90 later model) has large plastic hose centre rear.

Q210.jpeg R240.jpg

·
Zoe Devotee
9,432 Posts
If its a Q210 it'll be the most reliable of the lot, the least tinkered on model. That said, if Renault don't confirm its got a full warranty and that it can be extended walk away. Its not worth the risk, Zoe (like all EVs) is not cheap to repair if it goes wrong.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,260 Posts
Its not worth the risk,
Do you actually know how many Zoes fail, or do you just keep saying this?

It's just I've had three Zoes so far and never had issues.

I don't think it's any more likely to have problems than another EV. There are just more of them on the road.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,432 Posts
Do you actually know how many Zoes fail, or do you just keep saying this?

It's just I've had three Zoes so far and never had issues.

I don't think it's any more likely to have problems than another EV. There are just more of them on the road.
Here we go again with your ever present trolling of me.

Well done on changing your Zoes frequently. I'm not sure changing cars frequently makes you more or less likely to experience failures though so can't quite see the relevance in your comment?

I never said the Zoe has more problems than any other EV, you just let your prejudice against me cloud your ability to read. Scroll up, re-read, understand.

I merely highlighted that the Q210 has apparently less issues, and I base that largely on the content posted on here and the FB groups. The R240 seemed particularly troublesome as an example. Perhaps no more failures than any other brand of EV but still appears less Q210s with big motor replacing issues. But the Q210 isn't 100% reliable either. It took a while for the R240 sales to catch the Q210 but in the time in between that there was quite a flurry of reports of failures on here.

The Zoe is a fine car, but like any other EV if its not got a warranty its got a higher associated risk for bankrupting you if something does go wrong.

Reactions: ArthurGreenWorld

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,260 Posts
Here we go again with your ever present trolling of me.
So asking for evidence of your view is trolling now is it?

You could have just said you don’t know and saved us all the time.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would walk away from any car, never mind an ev, without a warranty... Unless they were, one day, down to the £500 to £1000... Old banger price.. legal and roadworthy and when it went wrong you scrap it and get another.
But that will be a Long way in the future with EVs

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,260 Posts
Some people are more resourceful.

I wouldn't be too worried about a £5k Zoe without warranty. No reason why they can't be kept going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh it’s got warranty and the battery is covered under the lease agreement
I was merely querying the lack of service history as the garage couldn’t seem to find it as it’s come from a main dealer they have service details but no book

1 - 12 of 12 Posts