Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Blue Etron 2019, 2014 Nissan Leaf
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the USA, and might be taking a trip to Europe next year. I notice that Sixt rentals has a Renault Zoe available. So I'm tempted.

Several issues. The first is that I'm somewhat taller than average, 201cm or so. Any comments on if I'd fit and be reasonably comfortable? No one in the back seat, but will the seat go back, does the steering wheel adjust and what is the headroom like? Not to mention leg space, a Nissan Leaf early model works for me, but there is a knee room problem with the later models.

I'd be traveling from Barcelona, Spain to Rennes, France, with multiple stops over multiple days. The Zoe has an air cooled battery. Time period would be April 2022. How would the Zoe do with multiple quick charges in a day?

A more general question is renting an EV in Europe realistic yet? I've rented a Leaf several times, but that is no longer possible locally.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,441 Posts
If you are in Barcelona or Madrid, you need to go to Sixt.

They have quite a few Zoes (and other EVs) available.

The Zoe will be fine with rapid charging across France. I've done it in a ZE40.

If you're hoping to go to Rennes then maybe get the eTron? It will be a lot more comfortable for 10 hours and charges faster.

There are other companies that do EV rentals, but they are more expensive and restrictive. You can rent a Tesla Model S and 3 for example.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...maybe get the eTron? It will be a lot more comfortable for 10 hours and charges faster.
If the eTron becomes available, would consider, as I drive one today. I only see Zoe for rent as of today. A long time in the future, things will change!

More like 4 to 5 hours on three days, not exactly direct. Wife has family related destinations in France.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,441 Posts
If the eTron becomes available, would consider, as I drive one today. I only see Zoe for rent as of today. A long time in the future, things will change!

More like 4 to 5 hours on three days, not exactly direct. Wife has family related destinations in France.
If you’re happy to take your time, then the Zoe 50 is quite doable and also a lot cheaper.

The eTron is available as I’m renting one next week from BCN.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sixt will not do a one way rental with the eTron, so I didn't see it. Sixt will do a one way rental with the Zoe. So I re-organize the trip to start and end at the same airport, roughly doubling the total distance, or I drive the Zoe... Or ... Thanks.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
762 Posts
The first is that I'm somewhat taller than average, 201cm or so. Any comments on if I'd fit and be reasonably comfortable?
One thing to remember with the Zoe is the seat isn't up n down adjustable. Maybe you can get some clues off of reviews on YouTube?

How would the Zoe do with multiple quick charges in a day?
Being April time you should be able to get 200 miles out of it, so maybe just the 1 charge en route?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Plenty of height for tall people in a Zoe. I’m 6 ft and have no issues.
Depends where your height is; body or legs, I've had tall customers discount the ZOE as they cannot get comfortable.

My manager is 6'1", he can't get comfy in the ZOE, he's long bodied.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yet I'm 6'4" with a relatively long body/short legs and I'm fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts