Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just a update took my car into tesla bristol yesterday for something too do with the computer and sim card,was ment to be done in november but they canncelled as didnt have two off the parts
coolent sensors appantly,
anyway was ment to take max 3 hrs so would give me a loan car
but after 3 hrs was told needed more time again i asked for a loan car but was refused
another hour and 45 mins later told still not fixed was getting a loan car so at the moment they still have my car,
what do others think off the service i recieved i think its very poor

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
We've had to return our Zoe a couple of times as the front camera failed. On both occasions there has been no loan car as the dealership isn't providing any because of C-19. There's no waiting in dealership allowed either, so its a case of drop-off and then walk home for us. Feels worse when they tell you the camera is broken (we knew this already, but they insisted on having the car in for the day to check). Then turning up again for a booked repair, to find the very expensive calibration equipement they need for setting up the camera had been returned to Renault the previous day..

I don't think your Tesla experience is any worse than many find with other brands tbh. I like our dealers too, the tech is superb when he actually gets to work on the car. We've had three Zoes so far and each one has needed some repair work on a failed item. Ours is booked in again for later this week for the camera to finally be replaced (it failed in September). I know I'll be walking home after dropping off and walking back to collect it. At least I'll manage two hour-long exercise sessions that day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've had to return our Zoe a couple of times as the front camera failed. On both occasions there has been no loan car as the dealership isn't providing any because of C-19. There's no waiting in dealership allowed either, so its a case of drop-off and then walk home for us. Feels worse when they tell you the camera is broken (we knew this already, but they insisted on having the car in for the day to check). Then turning up again for a booked repair, to find the very expensive calibration equipement they need for setting up the camera had been returned to Renault the previous day..

I don't think your Tesla experience is any worse than many find with other brands tbh. I like our dealers too, the tech is superb when he actually gets to work on the car. We've had three Zoes so far and each one has needed some repair work on a failed item. Ours is booked in again for later this week for the camera to finally be replaced (it failed in September). I know I'll be walking home after dropping off and walking back to collect it. At least I'll manage two hour-long exercise sessions that day.
thanks for the reply yes understand but cant walk home as its 40 miles away and they did have loan cars were just being awkward about it,
worse bit is theres nothing wroung with the car it drives great everything works its just it flaged up something that got them to say it needs something done and as off yet am not sure what till i get it back.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
On both occasions there has been no loan car as the dealership isn't providing any because of C-19
So many businesses using that as an excuse to cut service. The only way a loan car can ever kill someone is if you ran them over with it..!

I have literally no patience for that kind of rubbish. There are plenty of other businesses who will provide a service - those who use COVID as an excuse to slack off will soon find themselves high and dry!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So many businesses using that as an excuse to cut service. The only way a loan car can ever kill someone is if you ran them over with it..!

I have literally no patience for that kind of rubbish. There are plenty of other businesses who will provide a service - those who use COVID as an excuse to slack off will soon find themselves high and dry!
hi thanks yes excatly what i was thinking and its now 13.45 and still no phone call so no idear when going to get my car back not even had a update

·
Registered
M3 LR+ AWD white/19" alloys/tow hook.
98 Posts
hi thanks yes excatly what i was thinking and its now 13.45 and still no phone call so no idear when going to get my car back not even had a update
Sounds a similar fault to mine (December - failed connectivity card/e-SIM) but a different experience.

In this case, Tesla Stockport SC said after 2 1/2 hours that it would take all day & offered a free Uber home & then back the following day - 41 miles each way. They did also offer a Model S loaner but I didn't need it, the Uber option was hassle free. I have found Tesla Stockport to be excellent & very customer focused, both pre, during & also post delivery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts