Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

Ive just removed my 3.3kw chargemaster charger and replaced it with a 7.2kw rolec however im getting no lights on the unit....any tips? Everything was fine on the old unit :-/

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you ever have any issues with no LED; blue/green/red showing; it may be as simple as a loose connection. Sometimes loose from manufacturers.
We had a intermittent flickering blue LED, after nearly 12 months from installing.
Rolec did state the LED doesn't serve any purpose apart from a ready/charging/error indicator; if this wasn't connected, the unit will still allow charging.
Always to remember to check for safe isolation prior to removing the cover for inspection.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you ever have any issues with no LED; blue/green/red showing; it may be as simple as a loose connection. Sometimes loose from manufacturers.
We had a intermittent flickering blue LED, after nearly 12 months from installing.
Rolec did state the LED doesn't serve any purpose apart from a ready/charging/error indicator; if this wasn't connected, the unit will still allow charging.
Always to remember to check for safe isolation prior to removing the cover for inspection.
Wierdly the reason mine was working was due to the green/blue connectors not being in properly for the led, once i reseated these it started working, all other connections were ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts