Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a Leaf e+ that has a mph speedometer, which is a bit of a pain living in Ireland.

Anybody know what might be involved in getting a kph speedo in there? Is the dial separate from the rest of the display? Is it likely to be possible to switch out the dial without programming changes?

Just curious if options at this point :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Leaf40/Leaf62 comes with an old school analogue dial unfortunately! The Leaf24s were fully digital, so yeah a few button clicks did it on them.

·
Registered
15,933 Posts
The Leaf40/Leaf62 comes with an old school analogue dial unfortunately! The Leaf24s were fully digital, so yeah a few button clicks did it on them.
So how did Nissan envisage owners to be legal when they visited France or Ireland? Very odd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The UK dial has MPH around the outside, then KPH in fairly small text inside that. Totally fine for the odd trip to Europe. But having to live with it daily years :oops:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go into menu and change it to kilometres or miles. Same as 40 leaf.
Also changes box on sat nav for speed limits over to km or mph.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,698 Posts
I used to drive around in the Ampera in metric units all the time. The reason was that the 'mpg' readout topped out at >250, so was useless for in-trip monitoring, whereas metric gives the result conveniently from 0.1litres/100km up.

I had no problem whatsoever thinking about UK speed limits as km limits after about ... a day ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go into menu and change it to kilometres or miles. Same as 40 leaf.
Also changes box on sat nav for speed limits over to km or mph.
That only changes the likes of the odometer though, not the big analogue dial. The KPH readings on the dial are fairly tiny; fine for a holiday in KPH country but as we only use KPH here I'd really like the dial to only show KPH. And yeah I agree this is a first world problem :rolleyes:

Legend! That is exactly what I had in mind, spent days looking for that on Google, thanks a million! Now I wonder has anybody ever had reason to open the dash and know what is involved? Plenty of videos on YouTube for the Leaf24 which actually looks quite simple!

·
Registered
97 Posts
If the car was built for country that used km and not miles, then then analog speedometer would be in kph and not mph. Assume you purchased a car that was built for the UK? Alternatively can you just use the digital speedo that is also available?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s a UK car imported to Ireland yeah.

There’s a digital speedo? Don’t think I’ve come across that exploring the menus yet, will take another look today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
--- End of thread ---

Except to say, another fail for the LEAF. I like an analogue speedometer, but it should be digitally generated for ease of customisation, like most good EVs do nowadays.

I wonder what quirky leftovers the new Nissan Ariya will have in it.
Particularly strange is the Leaf24 had a digital speedo for what 7-8 years, but they went ‘back’ to analogue :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts