Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take the type 2 plug off the input side of my ohme type 2 to type 2 cable and replace it with a commando type plug. Ohme technical support say this is possible but I cannot find a suitable wiring diagram to work from.

Does anyone know how to wire this? I am happy to ask an electrician but so far have not found anyone who knows.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
Just connect the three large cables (Live, Neutral and Earth) - the others should just be isolated. Note that this will pull up to 32A through the "Commando" plug if the car wants it, and will not restrict to 16A if that is the form of plug that you fit/the rest of the circuit is restricted. If you need to limit below 32A then you'll need to ask Ohme to do that for you.

·
Registered
MG5
1,293 Posts
I put a 32a commando on my one but I did not take the plug off, I put a short length of wire on the new commando and connected that into the box so I could put it back the original socket if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.