Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I’ve done some searching on here and google but hard to find a definitive replacement 12v battery model. Halfords say the Yuasa HSB012 fits. The dimensions look right but it looks like the poles are the opposite way round to the Leaf one. Any help appreciated, my battery is totally dead and will not repair using my charger.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
What you need for a proper fitting:
dimensions - near enough but under the size you currently have if not the same
location of poles
Ah, although these are oversized because you don't need the CCA (cold crank Amp)
All of this you can get from the current battery

·
Registered
7 Posts
It doesn't list the Leaf but you can type in your reg no at the top right and it will recognise your vehicle and find the relevant battery (or at least it did mine!).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered one from Tayna in the end. It fits, is pretty much the same ah and cca rating and the poles are the correct way oriented for the Leaf.

YBX5012 Yuasa Silver High Performance Car Battery 12V 54Ah HSB012

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 12v battery just 'died', less than 8v at the terminals, lots of error messages on the instrument cluster. I'm glad I had previously read posts about the 12v battery failure and the symptoms. It sounds like it was overdue. My Leaf is now exactly 5 years old, on the original battery, 62k miles. I fitted the same Yuasa as above, from Halfords, £57 (tradecard). Shouldn't need to worry again for another 5 years or untill 125k miles 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts