Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Need some help please....
So my left camera has gone kaput. When I reverse, it shows a blank screen for the left camera (see pic), does anyone know where the fuse for these are located for me to check? I'm hoping a simple fuse change would solve the problem as I'm guessing it would be very expensive to get the camera replaced. :(

IMG_20180531_134614.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd give your local Nissan a call or visit and can see if this can fixed/replaced under warranty.
I bought it second hand from a private seller. I'm trying to avoid taking to Nissan, as a student I can't afford their prices :oops:

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
I got some things done on warranty with a 2014 reg which had about 55,000 miles on it at that time. I'd definitely give them a call or visit, worth looking into.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just went into my local Nissan dealership, they said manufacturers warranty is 3 years. I rang Nissan customer services too to make sure who also confirmed this. As my car is 2014 model I can't claim. :(

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I very much doubt every individual camera has a fuse, the whole system will have one fuse or even share a fuse with other functions.
The fuse box would end up massive if every little thing had its own fuse.
Could be a simple wiring connection issue, could be the camera in the wing mirror has just died.
TBH, the cameras are terrible quality and if it's the camera it might be worth checking if there's a better definition camera available to slot in.
The definition is hopeless, the cameras in my wife's Kia Sportage are like HD in comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I very much doubt every individual camera has a fuse, the whole system will have one fuse or even share a fuse with other functions.
The fuse box would end up massive if every little thing had its own fuse.
Could be a simple wiring connection issue, could be the camera in the wing mirror has just died.
TBH, the cameras are terrible quality and if it's the camera it might be worth checking if there's a better definition camera available to slot in.
The definition is hopeless, the cameras in my wife's Kia Sportage are like HD in comparison.
I had a Mercedes before this car and it's like I went from 4k to 480p in terms of the camera, media centre and even the sat Nav! :ROFLMAO: But it's been ace in terms of driving, even costs are quite nearly zero...something my purse is most happy about. Just a bit stuck what to do for this camera now...

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Just a bit stuck what to do for this camera now...
Depends on how DIY competent/confident you are.
If it were me:

1. Remove backs of both wing mirrors (they just clip on)
2. Swap cameras over.
3. If faulty camera suddenly works in other mirror, connection problem somewhere.
4. If it doesn't work in other mirror, camera problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts