Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left work this afternoon, put the driver's window down and then..... nothing. The window wouldn't respond at all so I had to drive 20 miles home with the window fully down. I suspect the switch is faulty and need a replacement.

Used Leaf ones are around £60 but Juke and Qushqai ones are £20-30 and look the same. Does anyone know if they would fit? Or anyone breaking a Leaf that has one?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Matt- Check your fuses first. It's unusual for a switch to fault suddenly and completely, you normally get an indication with it gradually getting more and more difficult to operate.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the other windows work fine and after about 45 minutes of taking the switch apart, cleaning, reassembling, trying I managed to get the window to go up. It's now stuck in the up position which is better I suppose.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So it looks like it is the switch. When looking for a replacement ensure you get the same type, on the Leaf the drivers window is the only one with auto up/down so it will have more gubbins than the standard ones.
Tony

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it looks like it is the switch. When looking for a replacement ensure you get the same type, on the Leaf the drivers window is the only one with auto up/down so it will have more gubbins than the standard ones.
Tony
Yes I think it is the switch too. I have had a couple of occasions over the last few months where it appeared to be a little less responsive. I am ordering a Juke switch assembly (all 4 windows, plus the isolator switch and central locking as its all 1 unit. Looks the same but does have different part numbers but at £18 I'll give it a go, rather than £60 for the Leaf one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the new switch arrived today from a scrapped Nissan Juke and I'm happy to report that it was fitted in 3 mins and works perfectly!

If anyone else in the future finds themselves with this issue, then the part number for Leaf switch is 25401-3NE0B and the Juke is 25401-1KK5E. Why they don't have the same part number I have no idea, but they are absolutely identical, please see my pics below (top 2 pics are Leaf, bottom 2 are Juke.) So, £18 delivered for the Juke part vs ~£60 for the Leaf part and I'm happy. 👍🏻

·
Registered
115 Posts
I always cross reference when shopping for parts for our leaf. Price gouging seems common just because it runs on the leccy I think :( Most of the front suspension parts on our high miler are replacement spares that were being listed for a Juke at a lower cost.

Feels good to beat the system sometimes ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts