Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now reached 20,000 fantastic miles on my 3P. Rotated them at 10k and I think they’ll be illegal in a few weeks or so. Started looking for alternatives so any advice welcomed on replacements and comments on grip, wear rate, noise levels and price appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
762 Posts
So now reached 20,000 fantastic miles on my 3P. Rotated them at 10k and I think they’ll be illegal in a few weeks or so. Started looking for alternatives so any advice welcomed on replacements and comments on grip, wear rate, noise levels and price appreciated. Cheers.
Going through this too, about 21,000 on mine, still think they might be ok for another 1 thousand though, 2 at a push.

Still kind of thinking of just paying the premium to let Tesla service do this for me, still a little weary to use the garages around me, I don't think they're used to jacking up electric vehicles.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Still kind of thinking of just paying the premium to let Tesla service do this for me, still a little weary to use the garages around me, I don't think they're used to jacking up electric vehicles.
Any half decent tyre place can do it, you really would be paying a big premium if you let Tesla do it.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes, I've seen a few comment about tyre availability been limited, whether its all sizes or just some I couldn't say, but I wouldn't wait until you're on the edge as its not a drive up and get replaced type thing.

Some tyre places won't fit anything other than T0 (Tesla certified) tyres, In coming up to 6 years I've never felt the need for a puck, the underside is way stronger than the underside of the average ICE and how many people complain about a tyre place piercing the floor of their ICE? (Care is still needed but they're not exactly delicate). Tesla are about 50% more expensive for the same tyre as buying online

As for alternatives, tyrereviews website is an interesting read but you need to check the sizes. I think they now ship with Pirellis and they're not thought to be as good as the Michelins, but ask 3 nerds for their favourite tyre and you'll get 3 answers.

·
Registered
762 Posts
So I thought I'd contact Tesla to get an estimate on how much it would be for 4 18inch Michelin PS4 for my SR+.

The total including labour would be £1070.

Price may seem eye-watering but considering the price of each tyre seems to be close to £200 everywhere is it that terrible?

·
Registered
762 Posts
So I thought I'd contact Tesla to get an estimate on how much it would be for 4 18inch Michelin PS4 for my SR+.

The total including labour would be £1070.

Price may seem eye-watering but considering the price of each tyre seems to be close to £200 everywhere is it that terrible?
It's not great though is it, I probably won't do that.

I'm actually thinking the rear ones are so much more worn down than the front that I'll do just the rear and the front ones may well last another 5-10 thousand.

Anyone else with the SR+ found this?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just took a look at my tyres a couple of days ago and I'm down to the wear bars on the rears at 10,300 miles on an SR+. I have been enjoying the car when I can so yes my own fault.... Was going to go with Primacy 4s from Costco but they're now showing as out of stock. The guy at Costco said the lockdown in France was having an effect on the supply of Michelin tyres.

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
236 Posts
Shame I didn't see this sooner, I've just sold a set of 4 brand new PS4 Acoustic off a brand new model3 LR for £350 in the classifieds section. Given the price on Blackcircles above someone might have paid more ;) Hey Ho.

(They were swapped for crossclimate+ BTW)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just took a look at my tyres a couple of days ago and I'm down to the wear bars on the rears at 10,300 miles on an SR+. I have been enjoying the car when I can so yes my own fault.... Was going to go with Primacy 4s from Costco but they're now showing as out of stock. The guy at Costco said the lockdown in France was having an effect on the supply of Michelin tyres.
:oops:

Got over 21,500 on mine and I was enjoying the car too....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts