Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems the 3 week old (used) Juro I picked up needs new tyres.
I've a slow puncture in the driverside rear and was told that cracking is visible so they can't repair.

The front set might last another 1000 miles but it seems I need 4x new tyres.

I've been looking at Cross Climate SUV. Address they any good. Any better recommended ones? Looking at all weather tyres.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
richi.uk
232 Posts
Any of the Crossclimate range are suitable. They do get a lot of love from owners.

A better value choice that many like is the Accelera Iota ST68 (about half or a third the price of the Michelin). It's less likely to get you up a snowy mountain, but it's a damn fine all-year tyre for a typical English climate.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of the Crossclimate range are suitable. They do get a lot of love from owners.

A better value choice that many like is the Accelera Iota ST68 (about half or a third the price of the Michelin). It's less likely to get you up a snowy mountain, but it's a damn fine all-year tyre for a typical English climate.
We do travel to colder regions at least once every year so settled for CrossClimate SUV tyres.

·
Registered
499 Posts
We've used CrossClimates on 4 of our cars over several year. We got sick of having to leave the car at the bottom of our Yorkshire lane and walk up it in the snow (and usually dark). I tried winter tyres which were a revelation, but I didn't like the hassle and expense of swapping tyres over twice a year. CCs have never failed to climb the lane in FWD cars: we fitted them to the PHEV just before lockdown so we've not had a chance to try them in 'anger'

Reactions: richi

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've used CrossClimates on 4 of our cars over several year. We got sick of having to leave the car at the bottom of our Yorkshire lane and walk up it in the snow (and usually dark). I tried winter tyres which were a revelation, but I didn't like the hassle and expense of swapping tyres over twice a year. CCs have never failed to climb the lane in FWD cars: we fitted them to the PHEV just before lockdown so we've not had a chance to try them in 'anger'
I know European folks who have lived in UK for last decade or two and still change summer / winter tyres. Thats too much work. Getting them fitted tomorrow morning. £528 for 4 fitted isn't too bad - especially if they last 30k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts