Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front wheel bearings are getting a bit noisy and I'm getting odd wear on the outside of one tyre, so I'll replace the bearings in the next few weeks. Hubs on ebay range from about £35 each to about £120 (GSF - drops to under £100 from their website with discount code). Can anyone recommend a decent replacement. I want one that will be quiet and last a reasonable time, and that comes with the correct size nut & bolts.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
My front wheel bearings are getting a bit noisy and I'm getting odd wear on the outside of one tyre, so I'll replace the bearings in the next few weeks. Hubs on ebay range from about £35 each to about £120 (GSF - drops to under £100 from their website with discount code). Can anyone recommend a decent replacement. I want one that will be quiet and last a reasonable time, and that comes with the correct size nut & bolts.

Thanks
Check out Autodoc dot co dot UK *** bearing kits Article Number 713644920. They have other brands too.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Check out Autodoc dot co dot UK *** bearing kits Article Number 713644920. They have other brands too.
The brand starts with F and ends with G there is an A in the middle. They have been trading under that name for a century but the stupid software stops me posting it.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,760 Posts
You are right to ask for the right one. The hub nuts are 'thread stretch' type and should be use-once. I paid the piper and bought the nuts alone from the dealer to avoid the complications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts