Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

It's time for wiper blades replacement. Can someone recommend what to do?

I went to Halfords and they said they'd cost me £40...

I saw some wiper blades on ebay for £9-11...

Do I need to buy new wiper blades? Or can I just buy the rubber parts and replace them easily?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Can't normally replace the rubber parts on their own, it's been tried before and never works,
cheap stuff off E bay pay your money take your chance.
I always buy quality brands not OEM beause you need to be able to see to be safe

·
EREV owner
212 Posts
I bought front and rear wiper blades for my last car, an avensis estate, for £14.99, and they were good. No squeaking or smearing.
I got them from this shop on ebay.
Items in Bolt On Bits 01274 688 388 store on eBay !

I have no connection to them, I was just happy with the service and blades.
I would use them again.

HTH.

Peter

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,713 Posts
I had a Vauxhall Driver's Club voucher due to expire so blew it on new blades. Garage even fitted them for me however there was nothing wrong with my previous ones so the old ones put back on and new ones in my garage until needed. Cost was just over £30. I would have gone for the Bosch ones too if I did not have the voucher although I have noticed in the past that genuine GM ones can sometimes be cheaper than out of Halfords etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't normally replace the rubber parts on their own, it's been tried before and never works,
cheap stuff off E bay pay your money take your chance.
I always buy quality brands not OEM beause you need to be able to see to be safe
Thanks. I don't mind paying more if I know there will be difference with quality.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought front and rear wiper blades for my last car, an avensis estate, for £14.99, and they were good. No squeaking or smearing.
I got them from this shop on ebay.
Items in Bolt On Bits 01274 688 388 store on eBay !

I have no connection to them, I was just happy with the service and blades.
I would use them again.

HTH.

Peter
Thanks. They don't seem to have wipers for Ampera but will keep an eye.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a Vauxhall Driver's Club voucher due to expire so blew it on new blades. Garage even fitted them for me however there was nothing wrong with my previous ones so the old ones put back on and new ones in my garage until needed. Cost was just over £30. I would have gone for the Bosch ones too if I did not have the voucher although I have noticed in the past that genuine GM ones can sometimes be cheaper than out of Halfords etc.
Where would you buy original wipers?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Original GM ones cost me over £50 from Go-away Vauxhall Wimbledon. Never fitted them as I felt the old ones were still wiping ok and I wanted to get through the worst of frosty mornings before I changed them.

Car will be sold tomorrow so I have these for sale from Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.