Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My e-niro arrived this week and the nearest charging station listed to my home address is shown as a CYC at my local tram station. Well, that was news to me as it's not reported on Zap-Map. I decided to have a drive down there and sure enough, there is no charging station; never has been. Also, the name of the tram stop/station is incorrect! So now I'm wondering what else is fiction in the map data. How much can I rely on this? :cautious:

Does anyone know how you can report a mapping error?

Registered
Out of date maps is exactly why I've never bothered with cars' built-in sat navs. I'm not sure if Kia use an open mapping service or their own proprietary one; that would determine how you'd go about reporting the issue.

Registered
My e-niro arrived this week and the nearest charging station listed to my home address is shown as a CYC at my local tram station. Well, that was news to me as it's not reported on Zap-Map. I decided to have a drive down there and sure enough, there is no charging station; never has been. Also, the name of the tram stop/station is incorrect! So now I'm wondering what else is fiction in the map data. How much can I rely on this? :cautious:

Does anyone know how you can report a mapping error?
The navigation system and maps are povided by HERE and the live trafic info is provided by TomTom. While it is not possible to download the software and maps, (dealer only for Kia and Hyundai) there is a contact form. You can report map errors through the FEEDBACK option on the HERE WeGo website

Hope this helps

John

Registered
The maps on the niro are a joke.

They were already 2 years or of date when I picked the car up.
Kia still charged me 拢25 for the update.

Live traffic has attempted to direct me the wrong way though a car park to miss out congestion .

And just the other day I found a whole section of a local housing estate that's missing but is still older than the car

If you need to get somewhere use Google maps

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The maps on the niro are a joke.

They were already 2 years or of date when I picked the car up.
Kia still charged me 拢25 for the update.

Live traffic has attempted to direct me the wrong way though a car park to miss out congestion .

And just the other day I found a whole section of a local housing estate that's missing but is still older than the car

If you need to get somewhere use Google maps
Umm.... that's disappointing. What's the point of supplying a SatNav if it's not going to be kept up to date. 馃槦

Super Moderator
Umm.... that's disappointing. What's the point of supplying a SatNav if it's not going to be kept up to date. 馃槦
They never are in cars, it's just the way it is.

google/apple maps or waze over CarPlay/android auto is the best of both worlds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts