Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All three Pod Point stations at my local Sainsburys are out of action but showing currently charging. No vehicles are there.
This has been the same for a week.
I have made a comment on Pod Point app.

Should this be reported to Sainsurys or should I call Pod Point? Are they likely to do anything?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The correct way to report it is to email, call or tweet Pod Point.

Are they likely to do anything? Probably not. My local Sainsburys one has been out of action for around 2 years now. This may just be a Sainsburys thing though, because I have reported one at my local shopping centre and someone came out within a couple of days to check and repair it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sainsbury's probably won't do anything. The Pod-point app feeds fault reports directly to Pod-Point, who are the people who maintain these.
If you mean 'out of action', do you mean no lights are on the unit? Normally, they'd have blue lights around the rim to show they're available.
If the lights are on, It's possible they have gone offline due to mobile phone signal, which would be why in the app, it's merely showing the last known state of them according to their network back-end. Try plugging in. If they are offline, then you'll get a free charge without it timing out after 15 minutes - that 15 minutes timeout is commanded by the network backend, which is a rather clever solution to maintaining charging facilities if the networking dies.
Pod-Point might contact their site contact at Sainsbury's to try to power cycle them if they're faulty, but further diagnostics if they're not available on the network would probably require a site visit by their engineers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I have reported it on their app and just sent them an email. Let's see what happens, I will report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts