Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I am Giampaolo and I represent an innovative start-up currently working on a piece of technology that will allow a faster and smoother transition to green transportation.

We are preparing a demo for our clients and we would like to use a NISSAN LEAF as the preferred car for the demo.

REQUEST: Is there someone on this forum living in LONDON and willing to lend a Nissan Leaf (including a NissanConnect account) for a weekend? Happy for the individual to join us for the weekend to see what we are doing!

Please, do not hesitate to get in touch if you are willing to offer your availability to this innovative project.

Thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Greetings!

I am Giampaolo and I represent an innovative start-up currently working on a piece of technology that will allow a faster and smoother transition to green transportation.

We are preparing a demo for our clients and we would like to use a NISSAN LEAF as the preferred car for the demo.

REQUEST: Is there someone on this forum living in LONDON and willing to lend a Nissan Leaf (including a NissanConnect account) for a weekend? Happy for the individual to join us for the weekend to see what we are doing!

Please, do not hesitate to get in touch if you are willing to offer your availability to this innovative project.

Thanks.
What guarantee I will see my car again? I might have a tough time explaining to my insurance.... jokes apart, pls do elaborate..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Guy! Thanks for replying!
We are developing an app for EVs, and we need to test it with the cars (or better we need to build a working demo).
We are doing this for a Nissan Leaf, and unfortunately, no one of our friends drives this car.

The idea is to prepare a working demo on how the app will work....and bring it in front of who will use it!
We won't need to drive the car around :) we just need it to test the app...that's why we need a NissanConnect login as well.

If you want to join us while we do it....you are more than welcome! You could tell us what you think.
Happy to be more specific, but not on this chat. If you are interested, just let me know, and I will send you my contact details, and we can continue our conversation offline.

To be clear: I am NOT trying to steal your car! :) you can take my ID and whatever you need as collateral!
We are three professionals working in consulting and Energy Industry in leading WW companies, the last thing we need is to steal a car. haha.

If you don't trust me I respect your opinion, but I ask you to avoid replying to this thread. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We won't need to drive the car around :) we just need it to test the app...that's why we need a NissanConnect login as well.
Do you know what nissan connect actually does? There's little you can get from connecting to it.. you can preheat the car. You might be able to get some kind of mileage information but that's frequently out of date. You can get charging state. Anything that can be done with it, pretty much has been.

So what is this App doing that the multiple apps currently available don't already?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know what nissan connect actually does? There's little you can get from connecting to it.. you can preheat the car. You might be able to get some kind of mileage information but that's frequently out of date. You can get charging state. Anything that can be done with it, pretty much has been.

So what is this App doing that the multiple apps currently available don't already?
Hey Tony, we need to gather specific data. This is the battery level. That's all we need. No fancy stuff. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, I am noting quite a disaffection to the Nisan app! why is the app that bad? what should it do? and what should it improve to make proper sense?

PS. I have a BMW and I have the BMW app.....and guess how it is.....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It's really fundamentally the app.. as far as it goes it works.. the fundamental issue is it can take anything between seconds and minutes to return data from Nissan's servers - if it works at all. This makes it painful to do anything with it.

You may not get connect access on a 7 day test drive.. best to speak to a dealer. Or just buy one, they're nice cars :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts