Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Jack and I’m currently carrying out research for my dissertation with the University of Leeds. The research is around electric cars and I would be very grateful if you have a few minutes to complete this questionnaire. To complete it you need to be a UK resident, 18 or older and own your own car. The results are used solely for the use of this research and are kept strictly anonymous.

Electric Cars: Attitudes and Perceptions

Thankyou! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello!

My name is Jack and I’m currently carrying out research for my dissertation with the University of Leeds. The research is around electric cars and I would be very grateful if you have a few minutes to complete this questionnaire. To complete it you need to be a UK resident, 18 or older and own your own car. The results are used solely for the use of this research and are kept strictly anonymous.

Electric Cars: Attitudes and Perceptions

Thankyou! :)
Jack Hi
I filled in your questionnaire as well as I could however some of the questions require a "no preference" option. EG Would you buy a new car from a new entrant to the market or traditional manufacture? I answered because I had to but actually I have no preference either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jack Hi
I filled in your questionnaire as well as I could however some of the questions require a "no preference" option. EG Would you buy a new car from a new entrant to the market or traditional manufacture? I answered because I had to but actually I have no preference either way.
Hi James

Thanks for taking the time to complete it :)

Admittedly I did not foresee someone having no preference on that question, but thank you for the feedback, its greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
701 Posts
What are you actually trying to find? Some of those questions really dont look good

Based only on the following information; which car do you feel would be most suited to your preferences? Required
Car 1: Acceleration (0-60mph): 11 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 542 miles, Co2 Emissions: 41g/km
Car 2: Acceleration (0-60mph): 10.2 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 704 miles, Co2 Emissions: 139g/km
Car 3: Acceleration (0-60mph): 11 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 33 miles, Co2 Emissions: 0g/km
33 miles range?

Given the lack of an industry standard, allowing manufacturers to use different connection types, would you find the task of charging an electric car daunting? Required
seriously?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Car 1: Acceleration (0-60mph): 11 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 542 miles, Co2 Emissions: 41g/km
Car 2: Acceleration (0-60mph): 10.2 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 704 miles, Co2 Emissions: 139g/km
Car 3: Acceleration (0-60mph): 11 seconds, Range (On one full tank): 33 miles, Co2 Emissions: 0g/km

I would go for car 4, 0-60 1.9 seconds, range 600, +CO2 emissions 0.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've filled it out but you should reconsider some of the questions. Having to choose between new manufacturers or "traditional manufacturers" was pointless as I honestly don't care. Some of the questions were a bit leading too.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,569 Posts

Eh? Is that actually in the questionnaire?

You realise you can't ask such biased questions in a proper survey, don't you?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Based only on the following information; which car do you feel would be most suited to your preferences? Required

Your kidding none of the above

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I think if I was a tutor I'd immediately fail any student posting questionnaires and surveys on t'internet.

I haven't yet seen one that wasn't at least seriously flawed, and by the sound of it this is beyond that;
" would you like a Porsche or a milk float" "hey prof my questionnaire proves 99% of people want a Porsche and that 100% of people named Donald want a milk float" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Could this be "paid for" market research.
Why would you ask an EV biased forum group,rather than a general forum group?

Caution with regards giving any personal information (at your own risk)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'll admit not to have gone to the end of the poll due to too many questions without a good answer for me. Agreed with @Simon Forrest too that posting this here means you'll get seriously biased repplies, while the survey in general seems to indicate you're after a generic audience. From here, you wouldn't get consumers' perception, but mostly EV owners' perception. I got a feeling that it might be slightly more in favour of the thing than the general public.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What are you actually trying to find? Some of those questions really dont look good

33 miles range?

Given the lack of an industry standard, allowing manufacturers to use different connection types, would you find the task of charging an electric car daunting? Required
seriously?

Hi Another

There is a reason for those particular statistics, I didn't choose them to be what they are.

Many Thanks Jack

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've filled it out but you should reconsider some of the questions. Having to choose between new manufacturers or "traditional manufacturers" was pointless as I honestly don't care. Some of the questions were a bit leading too.
Hi Pixelmatt
The car manufacturers question was a bit of a difficult one to be honest, in piloting those who said they didn't mind changed their mind on it when they repeated the questionnaire the following week, saying they hadn't really thought about it and on reflection were swayed towards both options. It's main aim to produce a thought out answer. But yes I do now appreciate that some people on a larger sample may really just not have a preference.

Many thanks
Jack

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could this be "paid for" market research.
Why would you ask an EV biased forum group,rather than a general forum group?

Caution with regards giving any personal information (at your own risk)
Hi SImon

No, it is definitely not 'paid for' market research, and I don't have any relationship with the car industry.

The questionnaire needs a sample that includes people who already have electric cars as this gives a more in-depth result overall. Eg the relationship between people who currently have an electric car but have then said they wouldn't replace it with another electric car. It is definitely posted in a number of other places aswell.

Many thanks
Jack

1 - 20 of 28 Posts