Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys after a favour. When you have fully charged your ZE50 can you do a reset to see what range your shown at 100%.
I have just had the fix done and with the car fully charged it is showing 200mls, Temp 8C
I was under the impression that it should jump back to its original 238miles, before it starts to take into account driving style etc.

The garage said they think it takes weather into account.

However after a discussion they are going to redo all the software required for a full BMS update as the 'fix' required only some software to be updated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My battery SoC is fine so not needed the fix, however when I had my 2nd failed pre-con fix attempt about 3 weeks back my range jumped from ~130 to ~190 miles on a ~93% battery charge so 200 miles would be about right.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
670 Posts
Mines showing 192 @ 100%. This works out as 3.7miles/kWh assuming 52kW usable.

Before the reset it was showing 177miles 3.5miles/kWh, only just turned 3.5 which makes sense because 177 = 3.4/kWh (52kW usable).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Here you go Arthur, following our BMS update today, we are now getting 245 miles at 100% SOC.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not sure. Our battery was at 11oC when I did this, that might make a difference perhaps?
i doubt we’ll get that out of it, we got close last summer time, but at this time of year plenty will be going into heating.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive just done a reset after a full charge overnight.. temp is 3c and range was shown as 180....
I've taken her for a 20 mile drive and recharging now.. to reset again... Is the car taking into account outside and battery temp?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive just done a reset after a full charge overnight.. temp is 3c and range was shown as 180....
I've taken her for a 20 mile drive and recharging now.. to reset again... Is the car taking into account outside and battery temp?
This seems reasonable for this time of year with a cold battery, Im sure the car does take into account the battery temp. What was the miles/kWh showing? It’ll be interesting to see what your next result is.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Battery temp affects available energy, so yes. I’ve not had CanZE on the ZE50 long enough to test ours yet, but on our ZE40, warm summer day you could get 40kWh available energy, in winter that was sometimes as low as 36. It made a real difference to a reset range on a full charge.

It might be interesting to do a battery temp vs available energy graph at some point.

Reactions: Dion Rust

·
Registered
670 Posts
It does but I think we’re all still a little uncertain how the car calculates the mileage, considering we shouldn’t be expecting over 200 miles during the winter.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Canze showed 50kw available energy.. 99.14 SOH did a reset and result it 181 miles. When I took her for a little 20 mile run after the first reset this morning she showed 3.5mpKw. then reset showed 181 after a recharge and reset.

I'm at a loss to understand how some get 238 with reset, then the 212 like others and I did earlier this week and now I'm on 180..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I suspect the algorithm may take prevailing temperatures into account and it might also take past driving history beyond the reset too. Mine was probably high yesterday because the tech reset everything, so it was factory fresh as it were. It may well show less than 245 next time we fully charge it. Main thing is you've got 99% SOH and 50kWh available, so you can get 175 ish real world miles based on your test run this morning. Thats pretty decent given its cold today.

Reactions: Dion Rust

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suspect the algorithm may take prevailing temperatures into account and it might also take past driving history beyond the reset too. Mine was probably high yesterday because the tech reset everything, so it was factory fresh as it were. It may well show less than 245 next time we fully charge it. Main thing is you've got 99% SOH and 50kWh available, so you can get 175 ish real world miles based on your test run this morning. Thats pretty decent given its cold today.
Yeah I agree, . interesting to see if it goes up with warmer weather .. and my app is not connecting to the car either, last time it did was yesterday when I used her.. 6.15pm... so the precon button doesn't connect... The little weather widget on the info panel in the car.. that shows location and temp has no info... So I can only suspect a server is down and Zoe is not communicating with the mother ship

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah I agree, . interesting to see if it goes up with warmer weather .. and my app is not connecting to the car either, last time it did was yesterday when I used her.. 6.15pm... so the precon button doesn't connect... The little weather widget on the info panel in the car.. that shows location and temp has no info... So I can only suspect a server is down and Zoe is not communicating with the mother ship
Yeah, mine's broken again since 16.30 yesterday too.

It was down for about 24 hours last week from a similar time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hi all.
I charged and reset a 70 plate courtesy car with 350 miles on the clock and it’s showing 207 miles. Even this one hasn’t got any of the energy usage options on the infotainment screen!

Hopefully collecting mine from the shop today so will check that now it’s had all the updates.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Hi all.
I charged and reset a 70 plate courtesy car with 350 miles on the clock and it’s showing 207 miles. Even this one hasn’t got any of the energy usage options on the infotainment screen!

Hopefully collecting mine from the shop today so will check that now it’s had all the updates.
Maybe needs the BMS update too :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts