Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saved and reset this display and my GOM figures seem to have gone to pot. How can I recover the figures I have saved?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I believe you can view the data saved through "my preferred trips" on the "Driving ECO" menu, but I never use it. I think the reset there is exactly the same as resetting trip B by holding down one of the buttons on the end of the right-hand stalk. Happy to be corrected.

You can't 'recover' the figures back into the GOM, but don't worry about it. The B reset gives you a 'specified' range estimate based on typical driving at current temperatures. Drive 30 miles and it will recalibrate.

There are at least three schools of thought on SpeakEV, all of which I think are valid:
  1. Never reset the GOM. It will reflect your driving style and give good enough answers. You'll learn how your driving affects range and make allowances.
  2. Reset the GOM whenever you have done a full charge. By the time you've done 30 to 50 miles it will reflect your driving. But don't use the initial estimate to see if you can complete the journey. You'll soon find out your typical miles / kWh and can use that to estimate your range from full (we do >3.6 m/kWh in winter and >4 in summer).
  3. Reset the GOM before starting off on a journey that you know will involve a change in driving style. For example, if you usually drive at 40mph around town but are leaving on a 150 mile motorway trip at 70mph then resetting the GOM will give you a better estimate after a few miles on the motorway, in my experience.
I simply know whether I have plenty range to get to my destination (for me, in a ZE40, that's usually the case) and, if not, the location of chargers leading up to about 20 miles of where I expect to run out.

·
Registered
Get £150 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,512 Posts
I'm all for 3. No way is the GOM accurate on a motorway journey after 4 weeks of crawling round town using most of its battery to heat the car!

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
2. 90% of the time and 3. when your off on a long trip where most of the driving will be faster.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your posts (y)(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts