Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are in the second lockdown a number of hotels with charging points are shut!
I know we should not now be driving out of our local area, but I usually charge at a local hotel that has now shut off access to it's two 22KW chargers.
Just a word of caution, check first before relying on the charging points.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,954 Posts
I know we should not now be driving out of our local area
Apart from all of the reasons that are allowable, such as for Work, to go for exercise, to go shopping at anywhere that is still open, etc.

Altogether a bit of an interesting situation - I wonder if we'll see petrol stations closing or reducing their hours due to lack of business? I suspect not.

Out of interest I presume that these are destination chargers. Were they free to use or selling electricity at a commercial rate?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apart from all of the reasons that are allowable, such as for Work, to go for exercise, to go shopping at anywhere that is still open, etc.

Out of interest I presume that these are destination chargers. Were they free to use or selling electricity at a commercial rate?
Yes Destination, not chargeable.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,714 Posts
From several posts on here back in the first lockdown Polar rapids and others were the main problem situated at pubs and hotels. I dont remember anyone moaning about Instavolts at Bannatyne locations, and I know of a couple of sites that lock gates when they are closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts