Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything stopping a twizzy owner taking the leased battery out of their car and returning it to Renault?

I would love one of these, but can't stomach the battery rentals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,913 Posts
I've seen battery owned Twizy show up for sale from time to time. They must be imports or some sort of owned battery replacement.

Haven't seen one come up for sale in ages.

·
Super Moderator
10,913 Posts
BTW Twizy is open source. Should help if you want to DIY a traction battery.

Google will find it. Might need to search on Renault POM.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, there's nothing stopping you from doing it. Be warned though: they will charge a battery removal fee.
Nobody has yet managed to fit a third party battery to a Twizy and get it running completely
I often check worldwide forums for this very folly-esque subject.

·
9,719 Posts
I've seen battery owned Twizy show up for sale from time to time. They must be imports or some sort of owned battery replacement.

Haven't seen one come up for sale in ages.
Incorrectly listed as best I’ve been able to tell sadly, there are no battery owned Twizy’s

·
Zoe Devotee
7,634 Posts
there are no battery owned Twizy’s
Write offs that have been repaired is as good as you'll get in the UK for battery owned. Or perhaps a Spanish import re-registered as they don't have battery hire. There was a chap on here I think a couple of years ago that was suggesting they would be willing to import Spanish and French battery owned models, but I think it was a case of vapour selling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts