Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may seem like a silly question, but how do I release the holder to access the reversing light bulb on the Zoe?

I can get to the holder from underneath, but don't know if it turns, pulls or how it releases.
I really appreciate any help.
Thanks
Duncan

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
From the manual...
Reversing lights and rear fog lights 3 Access bulb holder via the underneath of the vehicle, then unscrew it by turning towards the centre of the vehicle. Fog light Bulb type: PR21W. Reversing light Bulb type: P21W.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
243 Posts
I fitted one of these 2 mine - a bleeping reverse bulb , i think its great addition seeing as there is no noise from the Zoe when reversing

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,502 Posts
That's kinda funny, a bip-lamp, but still incandescent instead of LED. What a mixed bag design. You are "lucky" it works. Not 100% sure if the following is true for the reversing lamp, but either that one or the fog light (or both) were wired counter-intuitively, plus on the outside. LEDs (and by association, beepers) might not have worked. Anyway, OT, carry on! ;)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
243 Posts
That's kinda funny, a bip-lamp, but still incandescent instead of LED. What a mixed bag design. You are "lucky" it works. Not 100% sure if the following is true for the reversing lamp, but either that one or the fog light (or both) were wired counter-intuitively, plus on the outside. LEDs (and by association, beepers) might not have worked. Anyway, OT, carry on! ;)
yeah I had to actually re-wire this blip light - reverse the polarity on it to beep. it only bleeped one way , so had to swap over the positive and negative wires in mine . was going to return it to the motor factors as faulty but I just thought I would try reversing the polarity first .... and it worked!

Yep - very strange it not being LED .. would rather it was

1 - 6 of 6 Posts