Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in a reflection of my 2010 E-Niro 4 that only the nearside reversing light was illuminated. Is the other one just a dummy to maintain symmetry or if not, how do you change the bulb and is it an LED or normal bulb. No warning messages have come up about a bulb out like I used to get in my Mercedes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I noticed in a reflection of my 2010 E-Niro 4 that only the nearside reversing light was illuminated. Is the other one just a dummy to maintain symmetry or if not, how do you change the bulb and is it an LED or normal bulb. No warning messages have come up about a bulb out like I used to get in my Mercedes.
Nope, just the one reverse light. One of the worst aspects of an otherwise great car.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
974 Posts
Yup. It’s normal. That one (especially feeble incandescent bulb) light is all you are given. The other one is the single high intensity LED fog light. It’s completely crap on a car of this price point. Yet the 2019 First Edition got twin reversing lights! (Still very feeble incandescents though). I love my Eniro car but this is one of my real pet hates about it.
Peter

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think the camera is better at showing you what's behind in the dark than the piddly reverse light.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
974 Posts
I think the camera is better at showing you what's behind in the dark than the piddly reverse light.
I just can’t seem to get used to relying on the rear cam. Yes it works well enough in low light but I’m so used to using door mirrors. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I suppose. I find the brake lights or even putting on the hazard flashers gives 100 times more useful light when reversing down my dark driveway compared with that joke of a reverse light on this car. It’s penny pinching way beyond acceptable levels. IMO. Peter

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok how do I get to the bulb to swap it for a LED then, and what one is needed

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's fairly straight forward. You just remove the panel which bridges the gap between the rear suspension and the back bumper, then reach up and twist the bulb holder about 1/5 of a turn anti-clockwise.

The white light gives much more visibility at night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts