Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, struggling to find an answer on this. As far as I can work out, the fuel button in my 2016.5 94aH REX doesn't seem to do anything

I get out of the car, push the fuel flap, it opens. I take off the cap and fill. No problem

If I do push the fuel button, I don't notice anything happen. I read something about depressurising and that the button does that. Questions: Should I notice something happening and why does it seem to make no difference whether I push the button or not. Should I book in With BMW?

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,906 Posts
The system is designed to release pressurisation caused by evaporation, but I wouldn't expect much at the current temperatures. Did you have this symptom in the dim and distant past when it was warmer?
The pressurisation is needed to stop the fuel for the REx going off so quickly and meet US emissions laws. If it's like this in warm weather and you rarely use the REx you'll need to get it fixed, otherwise don't bother.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
1,641 Posts
You should get a message on the screen saying it is ready to refuel (not the exact words). Once you have pressed it once that is it nothing appears on the screen because depressurizing is already done.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hi, struggling to find an answer on this. As far as I can work out, the fuel button in my 2016.5 94aH REX doesn't seem to do anything

I get out of the car, push the fuel flap, it opens. I take off the cap and fill. No problem

If I do push the fuel button, I don't notice anything happen. I read something about depressurising and that the button does that. Questions: Should I notice something happening and why does it seem to make no difference whether I push the button or not. Should I book in With BMW?

Cheers
Have you had the fuel sensor replaced? It was a source of problems on early model I3s. If your fuel tank is not pressurising then you need to ensure that what you have in the tank doesn’t go stale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts