Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, although my driving at the moment is close to zero I wanted to ask a question (and yes, I tried to find the answer but failed ...). I understand that I can tell the i3 Rex to use petrol before battery (e.g. when driving INTO an emissions free zone and calculating that battery may be depleted when arriving there, hence using the Rex first and then going into e-mode when entering such zone). I cannot work out how to set this in the e-drive - can someone please help me here.

Send question is ... is there a need to run the car on fuel from time to time? A friend who has the same car as mine told me the other day that she had the call her breakdown company as battery was low and the Rex didn't kick in. Her assumption (advice from BWM?) is that the Rex need to be used once in a while. However, the manual says that this is done periodically by the car itself?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
376 Posts
The engine can be started manually from the Settings menu in iDrive as long as the battery is below 75% charge.

Every so often, the car will automatically do a maintenance run on the engine to ensure it is working OK.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You're looking for the "hold state of charge" menu item.
I have mine set to the #8 soft-key.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
A friend who has the same car as mine told me the other day that she had the call her breakdown company as battery was low and the Rex didn't kick in.
Your friend either had a knackered car or it had no petrol in it! Or failing that, they think they have a Rex and they don't ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts