Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BMW i3 Rex
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had a semi-emergency trip which I had hoped to do entirely on battery. But the CCS chargers at Washington services failed me and I had no time or inclination in the heavy rain (Rant: why do petrol pumps get shelter and EV posts don't) to pursue the problems. So it was REx for most of the remainder of the trip.

Weather was bad. Mild with temperatures around 10-11C and little wind but heavy to torrential rain. Standing water in places on A and M roads, rivers on some country hill roads. The journey was a mixture of a little urban, some hilly country (A68 etc.) and some motorway.

Overall trip 127 miles, 64 on battery with 6 remaining, 63 on REx with 21 remaining. Consumption fell to 3.6m/kWh which I consider to be quite good under the circumstances.

Without REX I would have been stranded.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,593 Posts
Yesterday I had a semi-emergency trip which I had hoped to do entirely on battery. But the CCS chargers at Washington services failed me and I had no time or inclination in the heavy rain (Rant: why do petrol pumps get shelter and EV posts don't) to pursue the problems. So it was REx for most of the remainder of the trip.

Weather was bad. Mild with temperatures around 10-11C and little wind but heavy to torrential rain. Standing water in places on A and M roads, rivers on some country hill roads. The journey was a mixture of a little urban, some hilly country (A68 etc.) and some motorway.

Overall trip 127 miles, 64 on battery with 6 remaining, 63 on REx with 21 remaining. Consumption fell to 3.6m/kWh which I consider to be quite good under the circumstances.

Without REX I would have been stranded.
You are having exactly the same stats as me and same experience with a lot of the charge stations 50/50 so far working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts