Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 18.03.04.png

But it's not quite the Chevrolet Bolt EV that you were expecting.

May I present.. The Tata Bolt EV, from India's finest industrial conglomerate.
Apparently, this is just a technology demonstrator, to prove that they and they don't intent to actually produce it.

Tata were actually first to market with a vehicle called Bolt in 2014, and is normally a diesel or petrol supermini.

more details at 2016 Tata Bolt BEV review, test drive

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Bah, moderators editing my subject to make it more obvious. Spoils all the fun.
Wait until you get your thread with a really good title and content merged with someone else's, resulting in the other poster becoming the OP. That really hurts. ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The Bolt name is registered to TATA in India, and this is one of their EVs that has been over here for a couple of years. Been at at least one other LCV, Last year they commented that they had no intention of selling it here in the UK and were using it as an evaluation vehicle. Its fairly well screwed together, using a lot of mainstream EU sourced parts on the EV side. Internally the finish quality was a lot higher than I had expected from what is actually a fairly cheap base car. TATA dont seem to have advanced a lot in this area, so not sure what their longer term aim is.
But its good news for the UK auto industry to have their presence in the design and development part of the AUtomotive industry. They are also completely separate from JLR despite the shared ownership. So neither brand is driving compromise, onto Jaguar, or TATA moving upmarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts