Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Richard Hammond on the Tesla Model S

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Brooktop 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I like the comments on the rivals too:

The Rivals
BMW 5-Series Active Hybrid M Sport : High performance hybrid with 335bhp. Economy and speed but still won’t see where the Tesla went. £50,625
Lexus LS600h : Powerful but ridiculously expensive and very pointless. Have you ever seen one? £99,995
Mercedes-Benz E300 Hybrid SE : Not really a rival because Merc has gone for economy over performance. Even the standard Model S will eat it. £39,880

#16 ·
In an ideal world yes...but don't credit everyone else with the same intelligence you have. Having worked in marketing for over 20 years I can tell you that public figures have HUGE sway. Why do you think product placement is rife? I DON"T agree with the judge on this one. If the car had to be pushed back...then fine, but there was still ample charge in the battery. They misrepresented (lied about) the product for a cheap laugh and probably set the EV cause back years in many peoples' minds.

#18 ·
You have to remember that the article is written by "Richard Hammond The Individual" and not "Richard Hammond The Top Gear Presenter". On Top Gear ( if they should ever feature the Model S ) he would probably have a different opinion.

Remember Top Gear Live is sponsored by Shell, doesn't look good if Top Gear fully endorses a car that doesn't need Petrol. It's a sort of 2 fingers up to you're main sponsor!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.