Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this witchcraft!? 5.6 miles/kWh without even trying!

This trip included a stint on the motorway at 70mph too. I've come from a Leaf 40 and I don't think I've ever seen 5.6 miles/kWh and definitely not if I wanted to drive any of the trip at 70mph.

Registered
What is this witchcraft!? 5.6 miles/kWh without even trying! View attachment 145807

This trip included a stint on the motorway at 70mph too. I've come from a Leaf 40 and I don't think I've ever seen 5.6 miles/kWh and definitely not if I wanted to drive any of the trip at 70mph.
Averaging 5.2 over 6500 miles.

Indeed it is driven by mystical forces! 馃槉

Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
I have no desire to top others stories and these days and I am also regularly seeing figures between 5 and 6 with mid 4's on fast motorway journeys. But my flabber was well and truly gasted the other day. I was leaving a tiny village near Clitheroe with around five miles of narrow lanes to get to the A59. It was a warm day and there were no hills around.

Just as I set off a tractor pulled out in front and created a roadblock but also enabled us both to proceed very sedately, without stopping along those single-track roads as every other car simply gave way to let us through. Just as I approached the main road I glanced down and saw 8.1.

What?

I pointed that out to my wife and it immediately dropped to 8.0 and then 7.9 as I pulled onto the main road. 10 miles of A59 and then 15 miles of a very busy M6 brought it down to 5.9 then back to 6.0 over the next 3 miles of B roads, including a long downhill section in Parbold, but even that is truly impressive. These cars are unbelievable at times.

Registered
Ioniq EV Premium 38.3kWh (Leaf 30 sold)
Coming from a Leaf I鈥檓 also impressed in how accurate the GOM is - yesterday car charged to 100% GOM read 180 miles, drove to destination 90 miles away and had 90 mile range and 50% battery left ! I must admit I gave it a quick top up at an InstaVolt on the return journey where it was charging at 42kw which was not bad.

Registered
Speed, aero, rolling resistance and weight are all factors. In the summer my e-Up! gives me 5+ kWh on a regular basis, that's thanks to lower weight and better rolling resistance (or lack of) in comparison with more expensive cars.

I'm assuming the Ioniq is similarly blessed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts