Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left car at Dealers yesterday for 1st Service and updates, when I collected car updates had not been carried out. Explanation, " We didn't have time because we have to leave the car for 2 hours before the tech can open the bonnet because of the high voltage electricity". I was lost for words! I've been risking my life filling the washer bottle!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Left car at Dealers yesterday for 1st Service and updates, when I collected car updates had not been carried out. Explanation, " We didn't have time because we have to leave the car for 2 hours before the tech can open the bonnet because of the high voltage electricity". I was lost for words! I've been risking my life filling the washer bottle!
Have you ever heard of a bigger load of crap as that !.
I am intrigued to understand how waiting two hours eliminates any risk to the operator ?.
I would try to avoid using this dealership, sounds like they have NO idea on what they doing !.
Absolute shambles !.
Time to ring the service manger and ask him to explain why ?.
Mind you, he probably understand’s less the service department I guess !.
My guess is the car was incorrectly booked in as ICE and then when they realised it was an EV they jacked the job off !.
Complain and then back heal them.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Licking is probably safer than touching with your hand - your tongue will recoil into your mouth ending the shock while the hand will grasp tightly giving you a painful death*

That's how I test the HV system anyway....

*unless you use the back of a finger of course, but a testing meter might be more sensible

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,952 Posts
That tech must have been on the same course as the RAC man I spoke to who told me that he had been instructed not to lick anything orange.
Including his van?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you ever heard of a bigger load of crap as that !.
I am intrigued to understand how waiting two hours eliminates any risk to the operator ?.
I would try to avoid using this dealership, sounds like they have NO idea on what they doing !.
Absolute shambles !.
Time to ring the service manger and ask him to explain why ?.
Mind you, he probably understand’s less the service department I guess !.
My guess is the car was incorrectly booked in as ICE and then when they realised it was an EV they jacked the job off !.
Complain and then back heal them.
It was the Service Manager that spoke to me!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
One member on the VW GTE forum presented his car for a service, when he returned to collect the car, the service manager was conducting the hand over.
He placed the service sheet on the desk and then reported that the car was absolutely fine and then proceeded to run through the check sheet with the owner.
When he got to the section on tyre condition, he starting relaying back the information with regards to tyre tread condition & tyre pressures, wheel by wheel.
When got to the spare tyre, he reported the tread & pressure recorded again.
At this point, the owner then told him car did not in fact have a spare wheel & asked how this was even possible to report the figures ?.
The service manager then told the owner he was incorrect on his understanding and insisted to take the owner out to the car park and show him !.
The very smug service manager opened the boot and informed the owner it was stored under the boot floor covering.
When he lifted the boot cover, he was presented with a blank floor panel ( PHEV ).
Oh ... Arrhhhh....... He said, clearly it must be stored under the car then ?.
He then started fumbling around on his hands and knees looking for this missing spare wheel.
At this point, the owner of the car could not contain his laughter any longer.
He then went on to explain to the red faced and puzzled VW service manager, that the GTE does not indeed have a spare wheel, because it has an inflation kit instead.
The service manger returned to the showroom looking for the tech who made him look an absolute idiot he already was !.
Sorry, but I almost wet my pants when I first read this story for the very first time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One member on the VW GTE forum presented his car for a service, when he returned to collect the car, the service manager was conducting the hand over.
He placed the service sheet on the desk and then reported that the car was absolutely fine and then proceeded to run through the check sheet with the owner.
When he got to the section on tyre condition, he starting relaying back the information with regards to tyre tread condition & tyre pressures, wheel by wheel.
When got to the spare tyre, he reported the tread & pressure recorded again.
At this point, the owner then told him car did not in fact have a spare wheel & asked how this was even possible to report the figures ?.
The service manager then told the owner he was incorrect on his understanding and insisted to take the owner out to the car park and show him !.
The very smug service manager opened the boot and informed the owner it was stored under the boot floor covering.
When he lifted the boot cover, he was presented with a blank floor panel ( PHEV ).
Oh ... Arrhhhh....... He said, clearly it must be stored under the car then ?.
He then started fumbling around on his hands and knees looking for this missing spare wheel.
At this point, the owner of the car could not contain his laughter any longer.
He then went on to explain to the red faced and puzzled VW service manager, that the GTE does not indeed have a spare wheel, because it has an inflation kit instead.
The service manger returned to the showroom looking for the tech who made him look an absolute idiot he already was !.
Sorry, but I almost wet my pants when I first read this story for the very first time.
Whilst it is hilarious, but it does make me wonder if they ever actually looked at the car! Maybe they a standard vehicle report template which includes a report on a spare tire, they just print them off to advise all is well for the couple of hundred customer has paid them for not even looking over the car.

·
Registered
2018 40 Leaf Tekna
346 Posts
This reminds me of being in an accident in my Toyota C-HR.

I was very slowly emerging from a blind junction on a sweeping left hand bend into a 30mph limit road (some idiot had parked right on top of the junction) so I couldn’t see a thing so I was literally just nosing out, when some idiot doing about 50 came round the corner and completely removed the front end of my car.

Anyway to the point, the fire brigade attended and were totally freaked out by the fact it was a “hybrid” (as if it were some kind of dark magic! THE HORSELESS CARRAGE THAT MAKES NO SOUND..... Spoooky)

So the completely cordoned the car off and put warning signs everywhere:

Then someone emerged with a spanner!! Which she brandished as if she were about to take a bullet for to protect the president and approached my vehicle as if she were about to perform a controlled explosion or something and with gloved hands she disconnected the ground terminal from the battery and retreated victorious as if she had sleighed the mighty beast!!

And declared “no one go near it for 20 minutes until all the power has drained out” (I had a quick look underneath but couldn’t see anything draining)

So what I’m trying to say is it’s not just the dealers that are complete idiots that have been fed BS about EV’s.

The emergency services are just as bad!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
492 Posts
Oh Man..... electrons all over the floor.
Anyway the fire brigade, of all people, should know the secret is to find a way of letting the magic smoke out.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I guess it break the boredom of attending false A.F.A. ( Automatic Fire Alarms ) systems incorrectly set of in shops by kids pressing on the glass that clearly states - "Do Not Push".

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,952 Posts
It's hardly surprising that the emergency services are nervous of all types of EVs given the H&S bullshit put out by the manufacturers - for example this for the LEAF and the Prius

There are none of the equivalent for petrol which is clearly not dangerous ......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts