1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Wow thats a good price! but geez depreciation? id snap that up if I wasnt getting a Model s already.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Good price - cheapest on autotrader is £60k
And a model S for £96k !

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Still seems low for a limited run car though? I would hope the Model S holds up better but dont think it will as thats mass produced compared to the Roadster.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I kind of hope it doesn't so I might be able to get one in about 8 years :)

Reactions: Mark Sanders

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The scary part is, we just about have the money. It is earmarked for deposit on a small cottage. I just emailed the link to Debbie < runs and hides >
Who needs a house when you can have a nice car?

Wait... [Re-examines last 30 years of financial expenditure. Light-bulb moment. Dammit.]

Reactions: MetalHead

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
If it's too good to be true......

If anyone is tempted I'd say go with eyes open and be very ware. You find adverts on Autotrader with what is quite clearly a very cheap price miles below anything similar, a mobile number only and a very brief and/or inaccurate description. I would wonder how many of these ads are Mr Crim waiting to sell you 1, someone elses car, 2, a stolen car, 3, existing finance etc?

Or maybe the old trick that the car isn't even there, you turn up, they bop you on the head and take your cash?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There was a RHD up for £46k the other day.

Don't forget import duties...
£46K .. was that a white one in G C Motors, in North Yorkshire?
If so it was snapped up almost immediatley - They have another, silver one at £54K tho: Used 2011 TESLA ROADSTER ALL MODELS for sale in North Yorkshire | Pistonheads
Several on Autotrader too.

And never consider self importing - the hassle with the battery would be massive. The owner, Barry of the £35K one had to jump tho many hoops .. and that was before they tightened up on Li-Ion battery shipping regulations.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Certainly good to see they are still fetching decent money, I'm watching the used market with interest.

With P85's likely to cross the £50k mark next year it will be very interesting to see if Roadster start commanding a premium over the early S's.

I know very different cars, but I'm probably one of one that would cross shop between the two :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts