Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with charging in either country?

Looking at my route planner it looks like the main charging networks I'll need are IBERDROLA (Spain) and MOBI.E (Portgual) but from an initial look I can't seem to find a way to get an RFID card or similar for these - does anyone have any experience?

Many thanks

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,758 Posts
I know search on this forum is poor, but there have been some threads on this.

The most useful thing is to do for the Iberian peninsula is go to www.electromaps.com and order one of their RFID fobs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know search on this forum is poor, but there have been some threads on this.

The most useful thing is to do for the Iberian peninsula is go to www.electromaps.com and order one of their RFID fobs.
Thanks. Search shows up quite a bit of info on Spanish charging, but little on Portugal!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
323 Posts
Spain is a hotch potch of charging networks. Check out the electromaps.com site and look up the chargers along your route. Almost all of them will have info regarding reliability, power and how to activate. You may be looking at installing quite some apps. Iberdrola and Endesa are two relatively major networks, Electromaps (RFID or App) works on quite some chargers and then there's Wayjet, Honest Charging, Charge and Parking... a plethora.

As said: plan the route, look up the chargers, find out how to activate them, install the apps and configure them with accounts and payment methods and be prepared to have a plan B if you're travelling through 'charger deserts'. Lots of Spain, especially the interior, is still in the Stone Age as far as EVs are concerned.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,758 Posts
Although I’m still amazed at where I do find a working, 22 kW AC or rapid charger, that’s free to use in Spain.

The one we found at the weekend was right next to a kebab shop. Bliss!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brilliant, thanks all for the replies, I’ve ordered a card for Portugal and about to order an Electromaps fob. The route is planned so now I just need to book a crossing to Santander !

Reactions: cah197

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,755 Posts
Spain is a hotch potch of charging networks.
Singling out Spain would seem ... somewhat redundant?

This is a global problem and we need to call on the World President to fix it. Not sure who that is ....

;)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
323 Posts
Singling out Spain would seem ... somewhat redundant?

;)
Well, I live here so I stick to what I know. And as far as number of charge points goes, Spain is bungling in the nether regions of the list, at least as far as Western Europe is concerned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts