Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted for ages to put together a YT video addressing the issues around taking one of our vehicles onto the continent. Never got round to it until now - took a lockdown to find the time! Haven't spoken to camera before so was a bit (lot) nervous on this my first video. Thought it might be enjoyable for some of you on this forum:

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Love a good travelogue and even better when I’m considering moving from a phev to a full ev.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Really good. Gives me the confidence to try something similar (YT review/travelogue) when this infernal lockdown finally ends!
I found it very interesting. Been an EV driver for almost 4 years and a Tesla M3, either LR or P is on my shortlist for my next EV. Your real world review is helping push me towards the LR, as I suspected deep down!
If this was your first attempt then it well done.

·
EGGY
1,560 Posts
I've watched the first one, hopefully since you made this you've sussed out the whole charging curve situation ? A bit of planning ahead for destination charging always handy.

Personally I went for LR dual motor and spent some money on suspension, I've not tracked it and don't intend to but it's better than stock on the road

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,674 Posts
I started watching and found before I knew it I’d watched the whole of the first episode, so you’re doing something right! 🙂👍

It’s a few years since I’ve been to the Nurburgring, but your video took me back to some nice memories of European road trips in a much nicer time.

I really like your car, nice colour as well, my wife is trying to decide between a M3 LR or a Kona. I hope she goes for the Tesla.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,952 Posts
It would be interesting to consider the same trip in the Kona without the benefit of the SuC network and only single phase charging.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really enjoyed all three videos as a M3P owner and having experience of many European road trips in classic Porsche 911s. I always wondered how good the M3P would be coming out of tight Alpine hairpins and it sounds like it was epic. What about braking into downhill hairpins with all that weight? I've driven the B500 too, the main issue with it being slow other vehicles, which from your video the M3P dispatches so easily.

When the pandemic is over I want to take my M3P to Norway and drive all the way to the Artic circle. It's a long drive as you have to go via Germany and Denmark, but at least the charge costs will be much lower than petrol. The scenery in Norway is just as good as the Alps but more extensive and the country is geared up for EVs too even way up north.

I would be interested to know your average Wh/m and average speed for the trip, as like me you seem to enjoy the performance of the car.

Alan

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice set of videos, really enjoyed them and some great ideas for future trip to Germany! I completely agree with your verdict on the seats and comfort; I can't believe so few people seem bothered they are so unsupportive, they feel to me like three-quarter size compared to our Passat, squab is far too small, worst part of the car IMHO. Apart from that it's completely great, and I am getting used to the seats over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts