Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK then folks

Is there a table somewhere that shows which networks that one can roam to please?

I see that some folks use Source East as that allows them to roam to Source London and PiM. Source East looks like it's PodPoint. I have a PodPoint card so can I roam? If so, to whom, for example?

Who is the idiot who came up with this? Looks to me like they never thought that anyone would want to travel anywhere with their car

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Source east is seperate from pod point. I think that some of the chargers are run/installed by pod point, but the costs are absorbed by the local councils that signed up to source east.
The roaming to PiM and source London is active at the minute, but who knows for how long that will remain the case.
I think CYC is another 'roaming' type card, as that seems to cover a wide range of posts.
It's all a bit crazy, almost like making you have a payment card for every different fuel retailer on an ICE car.....

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It is all a bit crazy but does heighten the pioneer feeling. As a matter of interest my £10 membership to Source East shows on my bank statement as Pod Point and I believe the different fuel retailers do have their own fuel cards ! Lol

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It is all a bit crazy but does heighten the pioneer feeling. As a matter of interest my £10 membership to Source East shows on my bank statement as Pod Point and I believe the different fuel retailers do have their own fuel cards ! Lol
To confuse matters further, after signing up to source east two days later a PiM card turns up in the post! I phoned them up to see how they had my details and it turns out the both schemes are administered by Pod-point and the admin person had popped the wrong card in the envelope!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Indeed!
Thankfully, unlike EV charging, ICE drivers don't need a wheel barrow full of cards to navigate all the retailers.... Can you imagine the outcry ! ;)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
To confuse matters further, after signing up to source east two days later a PiM card turns up in the post! I phoned them up to see how they had my details and it turns out the both schemes are administered by Pod-point and the admin person had popped the wrong card in the envelope!
You couldn't m
Indeed!
Thankfully, unlike EV charging, ICE drivers don't need a wheel barrow full of cards to navigate all the retailers.... Can you imagine the outcry ! ;)
Quite ! And every other petrol station would say - sorry mate all our pumps are "offline" today !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts