Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else going to see Robert Llewelyn at The Chichester Inn in Chichester tonight do his 'Electric Cars are Rubbish Aren't They?' talk?

I've never managed to see this previously when it's been down South here so I'm going along tonight..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Entertaining as you'd expect from Robert. The audience were very supportive, he didn't have to make any converts! The only 'negative' opinion I heard from a member of the audience was someone who jokingly said they'd miss the noise and drama of a petrol engine. I suppose it's a bit like steam enthusiasts saying they miss the noise, steam and smells of a steam loco! (Actually I'm one of those but I don't miss the engine noise in my ev!)

Reactions: Mark J Constable

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Entertaining as you'd expect from Robert. The audience were very supportive, he didn't have to make any converts! The only 'negative' opinion I heard from a member of the audience was someone who jokingly said they'd miss the noise and drama of a petrol engine. I suppose it's a bit like steam enthusiasts saying they miss the noise, steam and smells of a steam loco! (Actually I'm one of those but I don't miss the engine noise in my ev!)
On a day to day basis I definatly don't miss the engine noise. but in reality I don't think its the noise that bothers me it more the vibration. There is still something about the noise of a V8 or a supper car that on a primeval level still stirs my soul. SORRY:(

EDIT….Even the dyslexic in me (I am so I'm not joking) has just noticed that Lamborgini make super cars and have nothing to do with late evening meals

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I wanted to go, but as Scruffy would say "scheeeduel cornflict"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts