Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well unfortunately I got the Rolec charger installed through my dealer putting my name through to a Rolec installer. I was hoping I was in the first thousand and it might have been free, it wasn’t. So I had the initial problem with the app and the non delayed charge and that is now fixed I.e. it charges at 1.6 kWh until the cheap Agile price kicks in. It will charge at full rate and drop back to 1.6 kWh if the price goes above the set limit but it won’t stop at the car ready by time, so it always charges to 100%. I’ve had the fix applied just recently, granny charger will start if it it is switched on at the mains after being left plugged into a locked car. This is bonkers, if I was charging daily I would be at risk of falling foul of the warranty, fortunately I am retired and charge before i make a longer journey. Does anyone else have this problem. I’ve taken it up with the EV app people and they say this is how it is set up!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
This is bonkers, if I was charging daily I would be at risk of falling foul of the warranty,
How? I've not seen anything that says you cannot charge to 100% daily.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts
Its not a Nissan Leaf, charge to 100% as often as you like.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Agree !.
Charging every day is absolutely fine.
But just remember it is not seen as good practice to charge to the max 100% and then leave the car standing around for a number of days with battery bursting to capacity.
Equally and even worse, is to leave the HV battery on a very low state of charge for a long time, this is even more dangerous, you risk "bricking" the battery.
I like to charge up to about 80 - 85% on an overnight charge, this way we have plenty of range for more local trips, but if in the morning we are called to make a longer journey than we first planned, then I just pop the car back on charge for a couple of hours to then receive close to a full charge from our wall box.
This has worked just fine for the last seven months or so.
Not really a good working solution if you are using a "Granny" lead though, because it takes longer to top up the battery, than my wife takes to get ready in the morning ! :ROFLMAO: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts