Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has seen a Rolec charger like this before? These are the 14 x chargers installed recently at my local garden centre.

I've tried plugging in but they're not live, and yes I did check that the breakers were on! None of the staff there know anything about them and an email to the manager has gone unanswered. The centre is halfway through a large redevelopment and whilst it's possible that they haven't been commissioned yet it seems unlikely given they've been installed for a couple of months now and the first stage of the new building opened in December.

I note that there is a small silver button at middle right. It's not a physical button, i.e. it can't be pressed so I was wondering if it was some sort of switch that required a matching fob be pressed to it to switch them on?

Any ideas??

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
I note that there is a small silver button at middle right. It's not a physical button, i.e. it can't be pressed so I was wondering if it was some sort of switch that required a matching fob be pressed to it to switch them on?
The silver 'button' is an LED which should be flashing blue if power is connected and the Charging Station is in a ready state.

If the LED is not illuminated on any of the Charging Stations and flipping the on/off switch on the RCBO ("circuit breaker") under the top perspex window does not get the LED to illuminate, then I would say power at the main supply has been switched off.

I think I've seen tweets about this site working but can't be sure... maybe a call to ROLEC is the next step?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts