Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I’ve just bought my first ev car ( leaf ) had a rolec ( dumb ) one fitted , all is operating fine but I have a solid blue light on is this normal for the model many thanks

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,026 Posts
That light on mine was always on and was quite bright at night which drew unwanted attention to it from the street. I cut an inch from a piece of white plastic water pipe that was approx the same diameter as the outer ring and blu-tacked it over there so that the lamp could only be seen from directly on so that the reason for it being there was maintained, but not as obtrusively.

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
179 Posts
Yup.

Blue light on when not charging.
Turns green when charging.
Flashes red if a fault is detected.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Do be aware that Rolec's reputation for choice of RCBO is poor. We've already seen a couple of their choices fail.
Lots of the blue-text B40 ones have failed. A couple of the green-text C40s have overheated on the right hand side.

I see yours is labelled "D40" - maybe they're changed yet again? Please do keep an eye on this, maybe take the front cover off after a few weeks & look to see if any sign of overheating. It only costs about £25 to get one that's deffo from a reputable mfr like Garo. May even be worth getting a Garo in as a standby, on the just-in-case principle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do be aware that Rolec's reputation for choice of RCBO is poor. We've already seen a couple of their choices fail.
Lots of the blue-text B40 ones have failed. A couple of the green-text C40s have overheated on the right hand side.

I see yours is labelled "D40" - maybe they're changed yet again? Please do keep an eye on this, maybe take the front cover off after a few weeks & look to see if any sign of overheating. It only costs about £25 to get one that's deffo from a reputable mfr like Garo. May even be worth getting a Garo in as a standby, on the just-in-case principle.

View attachment 144302
Bigclive did a teardown of a failed Rolec MCBO. It looks like the one above

1 - 5 of 5 Posts