Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a Rolec Wallpod installed by Charged EV. I'd like a DIN rail kwh meter installed either in the fusebox or ideally in the Wallpod itself if this is possible. Can someone with the knowledge point me in the right direction to buy the correct meter prior to the install. A url link would much appreciated.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I have asked Charged EV to help during the install, awaiting response. Just covering my options if I need to do anything outside of their install parameters. I like to be armed with options before opening the wallet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the exact same din rail meter as above and got it wired in by the wallpod installers. This left space in the wallpod internal din to upgrade the wallpod myself to add a breaker, 3 pin mains socket and cover locks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted. CEV wanted £50 fitted. I have ordered the same meter for £18 once I worked out the right spec from the links above. I believe I will be able to connect it for less than the remaining £38. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do these meters just show the current KWH being drawn?

Or is it like a standard electricity meter where you can take before & after readings?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Rolec unit and would like to add the meter. Anyone got a pic of it in situ with the cover off to show what it ought to look like installed? Wiring etc.

The meter is £25 delivered from amazon.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts