Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not being competitive ;) but we can't be left behind the Milton Keynes group! :D

I pass two or three EV's everyday now, so how about a similar list for us up North? It could be useful as GMEV transitions to charging a fee in future, and we could even arrange a get together or two.

I'll kick things off, and keep the list updated.
Social:
@timpootle 'There is a Battery Vehicle Society meet in the Sedge Lynn Wetherspoons, Chorlton on the 16th of every month.'

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Talon added to the list. We met at the MMU rapid, right? You gave me directions to Subway.

·
Registered
541 Posts
@Talon added to the list. We met at the MMU rapid, right? You gave me directions to Subway.
That's right :) Always glad to be of assistance!

I popped back to MMU the other day for a bit of an opportunity charge whilst I headed to a local shop. Had to press the button to enter the car park but didn't actually have to speak to anyone. Magic! ;)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
343 Posts
@Rob Owen - Leaf owner - Grange over Sands, South Cumbria.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You called? Chorlton, 300 mile Berlingo. Edit to add we have a Battery Vehicle Society social meet in the Sedge Lynn Wetherspoons, Chorlton on the 16th of every month

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@timpootle and @Tonytone added.

I had no idea there was a local monthly BEV meeting. I've put it in the OP on assumption anyone is welcome. @timpootle please can you confirm if that's Ok? I'd like to come along sometime.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Scott is in Clitheroe.
And yes both LEAF drivers :)

Reactions: PTM101

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@MetalHead I find it ironic that Scott as a security consultant is having all his details provided by you! :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Well anything I've said is public information - just check out his rather good blog
https://scotthelme.co.uk/
I also work in the field albeit as a developer :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
@AndrewR LEAF newbie (2 weeks) in Horwich area but commute to Oldham. Bought Gun Metal Leaf Acenta from Bolton Nissan 2nd hand with only 10 miles on the clock on a 63 plate.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Altrincham actually :cool:. But I wanted to appear Manc for the street cred.

Can recommend charging at Trafford Centre as always get a parking spot. Also the two charge posts they snook in at Regent Road CP, Alty even after the council denied they were providing charge posts when I questioned them on 'green issues' as part of the consultation for the town centre revamp.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts