Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 2021 4+
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from Latitude with a fully laden car using our roof bar and roof bag combo.
Roof bars ordered from roofbox.co.uk and were easy to fit (see photos for details)
Roof bag is an Amazon Basics one which gets good reviews and I have used on previous cars. It doesn’t look pretty but it fits four big camping mattresses, four sleeping bags, pillows and blankets etc with room to spare. I only put soft light stuff up there though as the bag rests directly on the roof. It is very tough and waterproof. I use the front-to-back straps around the actual roof bars and the side-to-side straps round the ends of the bars. It doesn’t budge and when you’re done it rolls up into a bag about the size of a small microwave. Good if like us you have nowhere to store a roof box.

In warm weather with four of us and lots of kit, even with the roof blob we got 3.7 m/kWh on the drive there and back - 40 miles of twisty country roads and some faster sections up to 60mph. Not sure what the effect on range would be on a longer m’way trip though.
Anyway highly recommend the set up for occasional overspill luggage capacity.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts