Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
What are the options for putting roof bars on the new zoe apart from magnet and inflatable ones?
I know it is not supposed to support bars, but surely there must be a way? Thinking skis/snowboard. Not heavy roof box

·
Zoe Devotee
9,306 Posts
It’s the same roof as the old one.

Didn’t @Sandy find the right roof bars that fitted the ZOE?
I do indeed. Seeing as the roof and side of "new" Zoe hasn't changed the bars I've got will fit the newest Zoe too. All the info you'll need is below. I've fitted a roofbox on my Zoe and 4 soft (Thule) roofbox bags and some light camping gear into the roofbox. Only about a 10% loss in range at 60mph I'd say too.

Gleaned from the RZOC.

Following advice from the Austrian zoe owners, you can now buy roof bars for the zoe. These are Swiss made and there is a UK distributor. Alex Kilbertus has confirmed that below 55mph the roof box and bars loose about 5% range.

Roof bars suitable to RENAULT ZOE 5 doors 2014> - 1
Zoe roof bars

Reactions: Johoo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info! That was my biggest argument against zoe compared to e208 as I regularly drive with a lot of skis
Thanks!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,306 Posts
Great info! That was my biggest argument against zoe compared to e208 as I regularly drive with a lot of skis
Thanks!
It is a bit nuts that most EVs doin't have a roof rating, or the ability to tow. Its almost as though EV designers don't think people would ever cycle anywhere or have families. "lets delete all practicality in the interest of a few miles range"

Reactions: Eclectic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a bit nuts that most EVs doin't have a roof rating, or the ability to tow. Its almost as though EV designers don't think people would ever cycle anywhere or have families. "lets delete all practicality in the interest of a few miles range"
Fór sure!
VW lost my reservation for ID3 when I realized it would not accept a roof rack nor a hitch for a bike rack on the 1 edition
As France is a nation of cyclists I find it weird that a hitch is not an option on either Zoe or e208.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts