Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting patiently for my new Outlander to arrive, I've been trying to find out how wide the roof rails are - can any of you lucky people spend a couple of minutes a with a tape measure please?

Whilst I'll probably look at a towball mounted bike carrier (I've specified the removable towball), I was hoping that my Thule roof bars might scrape in for some light duties...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Will take a look for you. I'm hoping my Thule aero bars left over from the X-Trail will fit, but the website I found (maybe Thule themselves) quoted slightly longer bars. Check their website, they had the 2014 Outlander/PHEV listed.

In any case I'll need to buy new roof mount adapters as that appears completely different.

Will get the tape measure out tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul - just had a look and it does look like my current Wingbar is the shorter version, so may need to invest in new bar :(

Still, saving £300 a month compared to my current company car (mostly on the BIK) means I'll have a small fund to dip into! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
@Outlanding I ordered my Mitsubishi bars with the car for the summer and now used , if interested drop me a private message to see if it something you want. Happy to share any dimensions if needed.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Can you guys elaborate a bit on what you might be towing or carrying on the roof of the Outlander. It would be good if you share some photos of this kit in place and with prices. I tend to use my cars for all sorts of transporting activities but the Outlander is that scarce I'm uncertain of what it can carry/ tow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts