Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes you can, supports up to 80kg load (including the roof rack).

Currently, only Yakima have a compatible rack.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate and Twizy
2,906 Posts

80kg that's enough to put the mother in law up there then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the German forum of goingelectric.de (https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=531&t=71468&start=10) someone posted this morning (auto translated):

Hello everyone, I received
this message from Hyundai Marketing this morning:
 As part of our Hyundai Genuine Accessories program, we now offer a roof rack system. Here are the details:
- Aluminum roof
rack with lock - Item no .: 9999Z057223
- Retail price including VAT: € 189.59 - Can
not be used when equipped with a panoramic glass roof
 Can be ordered from authorized Hyundai contract partners

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thule have compatible roof racks available now, says normal roof only so not sure if it’s compatible with Solar or Vision roofs:
The key point for the Thule is that it's the "Clamp Evo" foot for their roof bar system (which clamps under the roof, through the door seal - i.e. you need to open the door in order to fit the bars). We've already got Thule bars (used on two previous cars), so it looks like we just need to get this type of "foot" and we should be able to reuse the existing bars, which is good news...

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'll be getting these

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the Thule Wingbar Edge on my car. I vinyl wrapped the bars and clamps in white to match the car. I also applied paint protection film under the clamps to protect the paint and for easier alignment when remounting.

Part numbers:
THU-7205 Edge clamps feet
THU-7216 Bar
THU-7215 Bar
THU-145301 Rubber feet and clamps
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Sky Cloud Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Cloud Sky Automotive carrying rack Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Snow Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent job - looks really nice with the white wrap. Paint protection film also sounds like a good plan - I've not come across it; is it something you apply each time you put the clamps on?
Thanks.

8cm wide self adhesive PPF I got from my local car hardware store, should be able to buy something similar at Halfords or Amazon. Tape will stay on all the time and as it’s the same width as the clamps, I would just need to align them together and tighten them up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used 'helicopter tape' on the metal clamp.

So called as it was developed to coat the leading edge of helicopter blades, so should be hard wearing.

Just need an Ioniq 5 to attach it to now, due in April* from an original November estimate. Always remember to clean the roof beneath the foot so as to avoid trapping dirt that can damage the paint.

*EDIT: Just been informed of yet another indeterminate delay. FFS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.