Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the Leaf wisdom I've gleamed, before signing up.

We're looking at buying, but have been confused by two different dealers with different answers re charging and Spec. Once we know what's-what we can give the dealers our shopping list and see what comes up.

Here's what we know...

- We're looking for a 30kwh Leaf (for the day to day range and to take the edge off of the longer trips).
- Acenta Spec (to keep the price down and maximise boot space)

What we need to know...

- 3.3Kw or 6.6Kw Charger? One main dealer said this affects the rapid charge times, the other says it only affects the slow and fast charge (Type 2 and Home charging). If the 3.3Kw charge does not slow Rapid charge times, then this would probably does us fine.

What we would like to know...

- 16 plate Acenta - DAB: extra or standard?
- 16 plate Acenta - Pre-heat: extra or standard?
- What cost would I expect to get for say 3k on the clock?

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
3.3 or 6.6 kW charging only impacts speed of charging at home / destination slow chargers. Rapid charging using ChaDeMo is unaffected by onboard circuitry.
3.3kW delivers 10% per hour (what I have).
6.6kW should deliver 20% per hour.

ChaDeMo (rapid DC charging) manages 20-80% in under 30 mins (what I have encountered).

DAB was standard on my Leaf 30 Acenta and so is pre-heating..

My Leaf30 had 3890 miles on the clock and I paid 14799 for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.3 or 6.6 kW charging only impacts speed of charging at home / destination slow chargers. Rapid charging using ChaDeMo is unaffected by onboard circuitry.
3.3kW delivers 10% per hour (what I have).
6.6kW should deliver 20% per hour.

ChaDeMo (rapid DC charging) manages 20-80% in under 30 mins (what I have encountered).

DAB was standard on my Leaf 30 Acenta and so is pre-heating..

My Leaf30 had 3890 miles on the clock and I paid 14799 for it.

Thanks Hermit David, very helpful!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Everything Hermit David said is correct.

All 30kWh Acentas have DAB, preheat and will rapid charge as quickly as any Leaf. In fact, faster than my 40kWh Leaf.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I’d certainly consider getting the 6.6kW version, it’s just very useful for those days when you need to go somewhere unexpected and just need a few extra miles of charge.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I’d certainly consider getting the 6.6kW version, it’s just very useful for those days when you need to go somewhere unexpected and just need a few extra miles of charge.
True though having a rapid within a few miles from home helps ease that.
Personally I have a Nissan dealer about 4 miles from home. Recently Shell (1 mile away) added a Genie Point rapid.

I'm past I've used Nissan though I haven't had the need for a month now.

Leaf with 6.6kW are like unicorns and I'd just save a free hundred and prepare to pay for a free rapids when needed.

·
Registered
758 Posts
6.6kW charger was a must for me - to get home after a 55 miles round trip commute, being able to add 30 miles to the range in an hour on the 7kW home charger and then heading off with the family for the weekend. Everyone's location affords different charging options, but my route to family did only have two, single unit rapids (at 79 and 95 miles). There is another now after 30 miles, but 6 miles off route.

I would imagine the Accenta with 6.6 charger is a rare beast, possibly more likely to find a Tekna with the bigger onboard charger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts