Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my Leaf tomorrow and was relying on the rapid charge unit at whetherby however it is offline. Does anyone know where the nearest one would be? The Nissan dealer in Harrogate does not have a lead, I think the next closest is Leeds.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Any help would be appreciated.
As @Matt Beard says we really need to know a little more about your journey, the car charger capability, and whether you have a Type 2 cable :)

Assuming you can't find a suitable rapid charger then ZeroNet has a number of locations in the area that could provide a charge without a membership card...

Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 19.05.42.png

·
Banned
558 Posts
Lee,
Firstly your profile doesn't say where you are heading to?
The other priority is - what RFID cards do you have?
Without RFID and Type-2 cable you only have 2 choices: Nissan Dealers (ChadeMO) + ZCW (if 13 amp) - or 'begging' to get a slow, slow charge at a cafe, or pub!
If you turn up at an Ecotricity you might find a friendly user to let you connect - but it could be a long wait.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@dodavies reported on Twitter earlier that he tried a reset of Wetherby Ecotricity charger and it worked for him. So you could give it a try if you have an Ecotricity card or one of the affiliated cards.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@dodavies reported on Twitter earlier that he tried a reset of Wetherby Ecotricity charger and it worked for him. So you could give it a try if you have an Ecotricity card or one of the affiliated cards.
Lee,
Firstly your profile doesn't say where you are heading to?
The other priority is - what RFID cards do you have?
Without RFID and Type-2 cable you only have 2 choices: Nissan Dealers (ChadeMO) + ZCW (if 13 amp) - or 'begging' to get a slow, slow charge at a cafe, or pub!
If you turn up at an Ecotricity you might find a friendly user to let you connect - but it could be a long wait.
I am travelling from Oldham to newcastle upon Tyne, I have Ecotricity & charge your car cards but no type 2 cable yet.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Ok, there is a solution. Start with enough range to get to Nissan in Halifax. Take 100% charge - then A-roads (via Ripon) to Scotch Corner. As I recall there are many CYC rapids after that.
Cruise at 50 on A-roads and monitor Diatance to go against range. Drive steadily - no aircon or blower. Try to regenerate on the downhill and rely on regen for most of braking needs. Normal brakes <10 mph to stop.
Wx should be perfect - enjoy the quiet gentle ride!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian thanks for the info.

My plan is to drop in to Wetherby services on route to Oldham with the ICE to checkout the unit status. If still offline, plan B - from full charge at Oldham, travel to Evans Nissan in Leeds 38 mile re-charge, then continue to Scotch corner services 52 mile re-charge and finally on route home 45 mile. I will need to check CP status soon.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A very kind lad on the pasty stand allowed me to charge via domestic plug, however because of the 2 hour ANPR cameras I had to leave earlier than I would of liked. Took the plunge to drive to scotch corner....... But didn't quite make it, now await a recovery truck!!!

I did try to use the 32A Chargepoint at Goldborough Hall, but they said there was a wedding and therefore not allowed to charge.

Happy days, let's hope the repairs to charge points improve, Wetherby has been down since Thursday!!!!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Lee, if you have an Ecotricity card then the ANPR restrictions don't apply. Ecotricity card holders can stay as long as they want for free at motorway services.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do have a Ecotricity card, but would that still apply even tho the charger wasn't working?
At Scotch Corner on a rapid charge and a hot chocolate.:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts